Allentown, PA– I’m dropping off a load here, having brought it from Avon, NY last night. I’ll be leaving here in an hour or so for Harrisburg,PA, and from there to Rotterdam,NY, outside Albany. It’s raining here… has been raining hard since about 6 last night. So much for my nice, clean, shiny truck.
- Union Thuggery shown in Stark Relief: I note a blog entry at OTB:New Tone: Jimmy Hoffa At Presidential Rally, “Let’s Take These Son Of A Bitches Out”  Ummmm, no, Doug, it’s far from a new tone. All one needs do is look at the record of union violence and the no holds barred attitude of the left against Reagan, Bush and for that matter, anyone to the right of Castro.Which in turn is why I’ve always considered that the calls from Dems for bipartisanship can be found on any stable floor, though doubtless in smaller quantities.And that by the way brings up an interesting thought; while Obama has been supposedly advocating for civility, he chose not to repudiate or mention that aspect of Hoffa’s remarks during his own remarks on the same stage. Tacit approval?I am reminded of the Brown shirts. And yes, I’m serious. Think…If this was Bush or Anyone to the right of center, we’d be hearing the left screaming exactly that. How many years did we put up with the “bush=Hitler” meme? As it is, silence. When they’re not denying that it was a call to violence,  of course. 
- H ey Buddy… Got a Light? Wildfires in Texas have consumed 500 homes so far. Where is the President?  Remember the pasting he and his minions gave Bush after Katrina? Double Standard? You Betcha.
- New York, We Have a Problem:  46 people shot over the weekend in the NYC area . Of course I’ll hear all about how the problem is guns. For those about to make that argument, until you can explain to me how such violence was concentrated in that area, when the majority of guns are located outside the NYC area, just shut up.
- Another New Low: Obama has reached another new polling record. .. a low. 81% Say Obama Economic Policies Are Not Working.  Ah, yes, empty promises from the left. Who’d have thought it?
- The Lesson is being Taught: Walter Russel Mead  has been quoted rather a lot here of late…
.Rhode Island is one of the bluest states in the country, and one where public sector unions have long worked with sympathetic politicians to create a true blue system of well paid public employees retiring comfortably on generous pensions with cost of living raises automatically thrown in.
The only problem is that the state could never afford the beautiful utopia it was crafting, and so politicians and union leaders chose the path of systemic deceit. Taxpayers weren’t told what the bill for the system would be; public service workers weren’t told that the pension guarantees they’d been sold were worthless because taxpayers would not and could not foot the bill.
An economic crisis is nature’s revenge on those who make and those who accept false promises; it is a holocaust of lies when the dross is burned away and only what is real and true remains. Think of cotton candy melting and charring in the flame of a blowtorch; that is what is happening to the secure retirements that “caring” blue politicians and “committed” blue union leaders promised gullible state workers.
Re-read that last Para. Embed it in your memory. Vote accordingly. Oh… and it’s not just there. California, as well.