Bronx, NY– As this is posted, I’m in The Bronx, waiting to be unloaded. I ran back to Mountaintop,PA overnight (Through heavy fog) to get this load headed for the Bronx. I’m certainly getting to see lots of the big city of late.
- OBAMA STIMULUS KILLED A MILLION JOBS: Report. The only thing that is surprising about this is that there’s anyone left on earth who should find this surprising. Doug over at OTB makes note of the report of which I speak. 
- GOVERNMENT HEALTHCARE IN ACTION:(Or is that inaction?) Anyway, Bruce McQuain at Q&O passes on this little tidbit :
A former NHS director died after waiting for nine months for an operation – at her own hospital.
Margaret Hutchon, a former mayor, had been waiting since last June for a follow-up stomach operation at Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford, Essex.
But her appointments to go under the knife were cancelled four times and she barely regained consciousness after finally having surgery.
Obviously her access to government run health care via single payer insurance did her no good (remember, supposedly insuring everyone is “the answer”). She ended up being lost in the shuffle, critical care was continuously put off and, as a result, she died.
Well, yes, obviously. But consider; this is Hospital brass getting lost in the shuffle. Imagine the average person’s chances with this “system”. And remember, gang this is the model Obama’s shooting for.Bruce also points out that Romney’s plan isn’t all that different, either. And as I suggested the other day… or was it yesterday, why would I support Romney, given that?
- ANARCHY? REALLY? I’d be interested in seeing Billy Beck  comment on this. 
- FRENCH SOCIALISM AND THE SPREAD OF IT: Speaking of Billy, he notes McPhillips: 
“The silver lining of the Manhattan hotel maid accusing Dominique Strauss-Kahn of trying to rape her is the deep reassurance of learning that the International Monetary Fund has been in the capable hands of a French socialist.”
Well of course he’s a socialist. Martin, I point you to the seemingly hard and fast rule that when the Democrats get into power in this country, our foreign policy seems to exist to kiss the backside of the French “diplomat”. Do you begin to understand why?
Meanwhile, Roger Simon over at PJM  wonders if the sexual escapades of the French are cultural… and wonders if the cultural weakness shows an insufficiently moral stature to be handed such leadership roles in the world as a matter of routine.
But moral disconnection seems to be at the root of Dominique Strauss-Kahn’s behavior. A supposed leftist and one-time student communist, he lived the most extravagant personal lifestyle replete with three thousand dollar hotel suites, thirty-five thousand dollar suits (Strauss-Kahn is suing over this allegation by France Soir â€” but what if they’re only twenty thousand?), unlimited first class seats on Air France, Porsches, etc.
Even in Hollywood such hypocrisy would be frowned upon (well, mostly), but the French seemed to like it, his poll numbers going up even as the accusations of “champagne socialism” from the Sarkozy camp increased. A 2008 admission of adultery with an underling at the IMF â€” a young Hungarian economist â€” was essentially ignored after DSK made a pro forma apology. The French evidently admired him as a “grand sÃ©ducteur.”
Now, of course, with accusations of rape and what they call “fellation,” things are different. But how will French society at large process this? Will we still be naive Americans with our prudish ways?
I submit, Roger, that such socialists are by their nature morally bankrupt. Absent such imorality, how to explain their willingness to spend other people’s money to achieve their goals?
- ABOUT THOSE CUTS: The people overwhelmingly want massive spending cuts,  the Democrats keep ignoring them. Does anyone doubt how that’s oing to come out in the next election?
- IT’S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT, AND I FEEL FINE: Yes, I’ve seen the nonsense about May 21 being judgement day. Sorry, it;’s not. Apparently, these supposed Christians haven’t picked up a Bible of late, else they would have noticed Jesus telling us “”Ye Shall Know Neither the Hour Nor the Day””
- STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE FOR DEMOCRATS: Glenn points out  that the charges are baseless as usual, in Wisconsin.