Welcome one and all to the most intense nightly read anywhere on the sphere… the BitsBlog Nightly Ramble
- INTERESTING PASSAGE: The guy who shot up the Holocaust Museum a few months ago, has died in prison. 
- NIGERIA LAUGHER: Nigeria is now screaming  that the new air rules are going to cause problems for our ‘bilateral relationship”. Like it was doing us so much good to begin with? Still can this be considered another success of Obama Foreign Policy?
- CHARGING THE BOMBER: The guy who tried to blow up the airliner in Detroit faces 6 charges. Look, I’m all for due process. Try the man. Then string him up by the nads he tried to blow off. And do it publicly. Make sure it gets on TV in the Middle East.
- BALTIMORE GAMES: Corruption of course is the way of things there. And gee, what a shock… Democrats run the place. THe Mayor there has been allowed to resign as a part of a plea deal. The charge? Stealing from the poor. Frankly, I consider how that’s different from any other Democrat in the country, to be an open question. Look at the taxes being heaped on all of America by the current congress and administration. Including the poor.
- DEMOCRATS ARE TOAST AND ARE ACTING LIKE THEY KNOW IT:  Let’s see. Dodd’s out,  apparently seeing the threats written on the wall. He knows he’s not going to win. Given the corruption of the man, the only way the Democrats can hang onto the seat is for Dodd to retire. State AG Richard Blumenthal will run in his place and his winning is an open question, even in that Democrat party bastion. Byron Dorgan is also retiring … and he, too sees he’s not got a chance in hell to win re-election. Even with him gone, the polling suggests that his district is so annoyed with the Democrats, his republican challanger…. whoever they end up offering, (Maybe Gov John Hoven?) would stroll into the job. John Cherry has decided he’s not going to run for Governor of Michigan … even in a nominally Democrat Party Stronghold, he’s not gonna make it, knows it and is pulling out. Bill Ritter of Colorado is rumored to have dropped out of his re-election bid for Governor, but we’ve seen nothing official here at Casa de Bit yet. So much for the mandate of the masses. Sissy wonders if this is the Tea Party Effect . I’d say no. I would suggest, rather, that what’s going on here is that the same effect that brought the tea parties to the fore are the same conditions that are ousting Democrats. The tea party crowd is one reaction of many to a problem , it’s not the direct cause of anything. The only way I would call them a cause of anything in terms of elections is if they manage to get somebody elected. Somebody specific, I mean.
- OBAMA LIED:
Any questions, class?
- STILL COLD: More from Drudge:
Winter Could Be Worst in 25 Years for USA... 
CHILL MAP... 
Britain's big snow shuts cities... 
GAS SUPPLIES RUNNING OUT IN UK... 
Elderly burn books for warmth? 
Army drafted to rescue 1,000 snow stranded motorists... 
Vermont sets 'all-time record for one snowstorm'... 
Iowa temps 'a solid 30 degrees below normal'... 
Seoul buried in heaviest snowfall in 70 years... 
3 die in fire at Detroit home; power was cut... 
Midwest Sees Near-Record Lows, Snow By The Foot... 
Miami shivers from coldest weather in decade; Florida Gov Signs Emergency Order ... 
Cold snap spurs power rationing in China... 
Word from a few points in Florida (lake Placid and Sebring to name two) this morning that they got to 27 last night. I blame Global Warming, myself.