Welcome one and all to the most intense nightly read anywhere on the ‘sphere…The BitsBlog Nightly Ramble.
- STILL MAKING STUFF UP: Kudos to BitsBlog‘s DavidL for jumping on this one early.  That the left is still making up stuff to throw at Sarah Palin should be a shock to nobody. After all, made up stuff has long been the stock in trade of liberalism in this country. Yet, you really have to hand it to Sarah, who, like David, was not all surprised. 
Amazingly, but not surprisingly, the AP somehow nabbed a copy of the book before it was released. They’re now erroneously reporting on the book’s contents and are repeating many of the same things they spewed during the campaign and afterwards. We’ve heard 11 writers are engaged in this opposition research, er, “fact checking” research! Imagine that – 11 AP reporters dedicating time and resources to tearing up the book, instead of using the time and resources to “fact check” what’s going on with Sheik Mohammed’s trial, Pelosi’s health care takeover costs, Hasan’s associations, etc. Amazing.
I think she underplays this, just a little bit. Can you imagine that kind of fact checking going on with the White House? Perhaps the Associated Press should add a few more of their staffs. After all, even Shakespeare had an infinite number of monkeys.
Oh, and a side note to Saint Andrew the Incontinent:  Ya know, Andy, I’d think by now you’d have gotten the message or at least you’d have gotten tired of having your but kicked in public. As an example….There is a unique understanding that is apparently only present in those of us who actually read books. The press usually gets what’s called an “advanced copy” of books to review. Melanie Kirkpatrick at The Wall Street Journal apparently got one… and wrote about it, too.  I get advances here, frequently enough, though I’ve very seldom mentioned them. But, I do read them. Of course then comes the question of what those fact checkers were reading…. and what they were making their judgments upon, if they werent working with advance copies. Odd how that’s a question that never entered that thing on your neck.Maybe that’s beacuse it doesn’t mesh with your stunted worldview?
- JAPAN EXPERT TO ABC: YES< OBAMA”S BOW MADE HIM LOOK LIKE AN IDIOT: So says Allahpundit.
So much of an idiot, in fact, that according to Tapper’s source , at least one Japanese paper isn’t running the photo out of embarrassment. This tool actually groveled himself into a minor international incident.
The good news for O-bots? It wasn’t unprecedented. Nixon evidently made a modest bow to Hirohito in the early 70s. The bad news?
“Obama’s handshake/forward lurch was so jarring and inappropriate it recalls Bush’s back-rub of Merkel.
“Kyodo News is running his appropriate and reciprocated nod and shake with the Empress, certainly to show the president as dignified, and not in the form of a first year English teacher trying to impress with Karate Kid-level knowledge of Japanese customs.
“The bow as he performed did not just display weakness in Red State terms, but evoked weakness in Japanese terms….The last thing the Japanese want or need is a weak looking American president and, again, in all ways, he unintentionally played that part.
A senior White House official (read: Axelrod or Emanuel) assured Politico  this morning that no Japanese observers “would say anything other than that he enhanced both the position and the status of the U.S., relative to Japan.” Consider that spin exploded, thanks to ABC.
And as for the usual lackeys at the White House and their assertion that Obama was simply observing protocol with this “let them see the back of your neck” subservience, The Weekly Standard ponders the question  of why the senior administration officials making such statements won’t put their names to them. They figure, because even the White House knows that such statements simply aren’t true. I wonder, now, if we can officially call this nonsense part of the “official Obama Apology Tour”.
- SEIU AND VOTER FRAUD: Andy Breitbat’s Big Government details it 
- IS THIS WHAT WE WANTED? I have been asking for the last few days now a general question as regards Barack Obama… is this what we really wanted? Are our views as individuals being properly represented by the President? Armstrong Williams looks at that question today:
- SIGN OF THE TIMES: The Democrats are about to lose Obama’s old Senate Seat. It’s a seat that’s been safe for the Democrats for a generation, if I’m not mistaken.
- WHY DOES OBAMA WANT THE FT.HOOD PROBE PUT OFF? The wires have been humming since the middle of l;ast week that Obama wants Congress to put off  it’s Ft. Hood probe. I already told you why. 
- BIRTHDAY HATS: for James Joyner of Outside The Beltway  I can’t imagine he’s thrilled about sharing a birthday with Oswald Mosley, the founder of the British Union of Facists.
- BITSBLOG BUMPER STICKER OF THE DAY: Found this one at Zazzle: