Welcome, one and all to the most intense nightly read anywhere on the sphere… The BitsBlog Nightly Ramble
- THE NFL /ANTI-RUSH PLOT THINS: Joseph Ashby at American Thinker today, says: 
Of the four stories run on ESPN.com about Limbaugh’s bid for the Rams (October 6 , October 12 , October 15 , and another October 15 ) none of them mention that NFL Players Association Executive Director DeMaurice Smith served as counsel to Attorney General Eric Holder and was a member of Barack Obama’s transition team.
The October 12 article references Smith’s anti-Limbaugh email meant to garner opposition against the radio host’s bid. The report refers to Smith only as the executive director of the NFLPA. Despite the fact that Smith’s opposition was based on Limbaugh’s political commentary, the report failed to mention that Smith’s political connections (including those to whom he donated thousands  of dollars) have a vested interest  in Limbaugh’s discrediting.
Well, now. The opposition did seem a little too manufactured. Personally, I anticipate nothing to come out of this, since we know full well the press will never touch such a story. Want proof? Explain to me how they can have possibly charged Limbaugh with being ‘divisive’ while ignoring the mouthings of one Keith Olberman. Ashby makes an excellent point, too, about the power held by one man:
Historically politicians have been prone to vindictive and petty behavior, but never in American history has someone had so much power to pummel his political opponents as President Obama. With control over banks , insurance companies, car companies, media (sports media included) and unions (like the NFL players union), Obama tentacles seem to penetrate into nearly every corner of the nation.
That’s true. Then again, I can recall it happening in German and Russian history. And Hugo Chavez, and a handful of others as well. The parallels are frightening in their precision, and I think staggering in their impact if they’re ever allowed to come to full fruit. As an example, Reynolds, today , looking at another similar story wonders aloud:
….if football is so thoroughly politicized under this gang, why expect that liver transplants will be different?
Indeed; what aspect  of our lives  won’t be affected  by such considerations ? None. There will be no stopping it. Ask anyone in Venezuela who has been bucking for a promotion, but hasn’t been able to get it because they’re not a Chavez supporter. Germany, Russia, same question. Are you getting the hint yet, America? In all these cases, this is the very nature of socialism.
- ASK ANYONE LOOKING FOR A JOB what the wages have been doing. We know that the Stimulus didn’t help at all . Oh, Hopey Changitude.
- DO YOU NAME YOUR CARS? Some discussion here. FWIW, we do here at Casa de Bit. Just makes a nice shorthand to use, really. Whimsical stuff, usually. Example: “Vanna” was the name for our White Lumina Van, back in the early 90’s (Vanna White, get it?)
- BALOON LOON: I’ve been watching with a somewhat jaundiced eye, this bit with the Balloon in the Denver area yesterday and the fallout. 
The thing was moving to fast for me to even bother trying to track it on BitsBlog…. And I figure once they got the thing down and found nobody inside that shoulda been the story. A nice little diversion it turned out to be. Can we get to something newsworthy, now, I wonder?
- LIKE, FOR EXAMPLE: Let’s consider the connection between the big push for Government run healthcare, the resistance to said plan by seniors around the country, and the attempt by the Obama administration to buy them off with taxpayer money.
- BITSBLOG BUMPER STICKER OF THE DAY: One of our readers, who also reads “Below The Beltway”  passes on this one: