Welcome one and all to the most intense nightly read anywhere on the sphere… The BitsBlog Nightly Ramble
This is the Green Beans Edition
- RECESSION? WHAT RECESSION? Surber says Durable goods orders are still off.  It would appear that wishful thinking doesn’t work in terms of ending a recession. You can’t simply declare it over, economy to respond as such. You actually have to do something about it. Like, getting government out of the way the economy. The sad part is, had Obama done that, that is to say had he actually reduced government intrusion into our lives, and into our pocketbooks, this recession would have been over months ago. You know as well as I do he’s not going to do that.
- ANOTHER DEMOCRAT UNDER AN ETHICS PROBE: Michelle Malkin fills us in . remember when this was about draining the swamp, Mrs. Pelosi?
- SPEAKING OF MICHELLE: Her new book didn’t stay too long at Number 2. It’s now number one.  I note with pleasure that Mark Levin and Glenn Beck are also doing pretty well being in the top ten, as well. Gee… there seems a bit of a trend, here.
- THE DEATH OF REPRESENTATIVE GOVERNMENT: Mark Steyn: 
Thousand-page bills, unread and indeed unwritten at the time of passage, are the death of representative government. They also provide a clue as to why, in a country this large, national government should be minimal and constrained. Even if you doubled or trebled the size of the legislature, the Conyers conundrum would still hold: No individual can read these bills and understand what he’s voting on.
No kidding, Mark. It’s well said, but I have to tell you that this is an argument we’ve been making here, all along.
- SEE WE TOLD YOU SO: At PJM, Jen Rubin :
Polls show the public thinks Obama is spending too much and taking on too much power. It is not hard to conclude that Obama has been caught trying to pull off a bait and switch â€” he ran as a moderate and is governing as a left-winger. With ample evidence that they have been conned, the voters are now registering their disapproval.
The sad part of this is that it was also predictable. Those of us on the right were wanting this would happen. here is something for you to ponder; how far left does one have to be to make the Clinton presidency seem a moderate one? The answer, apparently, is “Obama”
- NO SHOCK HERE: Sonia Sotomayor made it past the Senate Judiciary Committee  yesterday. It goes to the full Senate, now. Was there ever any real doubt about how this one was going to come out?
- EYEBROWS UP: You’ve gotta wonder about this suspicious death in Jersey , following the corruption arrests there. Something larger going on, I think.
- SYMPATHY: Our Sympathies to the Gateway Pundit, whose mother died earlier today. Why not click over there and drop a comment? I’m sure it’d be appreciated.