Welcome dear reader, to the most intense nightly read on the ‘sphere… BitsBlog’s Nightly Ramble. Just one more day to the big day…. Halloween, of course. Oh, yeah, sure… there’s that election thing, too.
Hmmm. Maybe we oughta talk about that.
- Yesterday I mentioned The Politico saying:
I’m not buying it, Politico. Look, guys.. all this leaning, all this coddling Obama and still all Obama can manage is as close to a tie as no matter?
Seems they’re catching a bit of heat for it. I suspect most of the responders would think I was overly kind. Perhaps that’s accurate, too. The more I think on this the more I begin to understand that Politicois becoming more disconnected from what made them a popular and reliable news source to begin with. Perhaps a microcosm of what happened to the MSM in the last 20 years or so? I’m thinking we’re going to have to watch them closely over the next couple years for more signs of going MSM on us, particularly if Obama wins.
- Speaking of Politico I see there that Jihad John Murtha’s begging for help from MOVEON.ORG to bail his sorry butt out of the hole his mouth dig him into. The take away, of course is he is admitting he’s in serious Podunk now Personally, I hope they pour millions into his campaign. No, I really do. I figure dollars wasted there is dollars they can’t spend elsewhere on someone whose campaign has a real shot. OTOH, after all the butt kissing he did for the far left, it’d be about right if they made a bit of a show of dumping the man. Such is the loyalty among thieves, after all.
- To the shock of absolutely nobody, the politically motivated records check of Joe The Plumber was far more intrusive than anyone was willing to admit. I ask again, where are all the liberals complaining about abuses of privacy? And lest you have any ilusions that such illegal acts are limited to this one situation, trust me, they’re not . Nor do the current stories indicate it’s not going to get worse if the Democrats are put in charge. They’re clerly doing everything they can to silence any and all opposition, and using the force of government to do it. 
- So why does Obama’s Aunt live in a Boston slum?  Charity, for most people, starts at home. This revelation shows clearly the difference between socialists… and Republicans. Socialists… err… sorry… Democrats.. think Charity starts with Government, having confused charity with confiscation.
- The Phillies won  last night in case you were interested. Though, with the amount of damage from the resulting riots, I suspect there are many, particularly along South Street, who wish they hadn’t.
- I wonder how Obama’s pitch for Popeil’s new “Instant Delay of Game” affected the viewer numbers of the game itself? I’ve not seen any yet, but anicdotally, nobody I’ve spoken with actually watched the game… and I have to wonder if it’s not because of what they’d have to sit through, first. I wonder too, if that’s indicative of the vote.
- However that may be, Obama made a lot of promises last night. Among them:
As president, here’s what I’ll do. Cut taxes for every working family making less than $200,000 a year. Give businesses a tax credit for every new employee that they hire right here in the U.S. over the next two years and eliminate tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas.Help homeowners who are making a good faith effort to pay their mortgages by freezing foreclosures for 90 days, and just like after a 9/11, we’ll provide low-cost loans to help small businesses pay their workers and keep their doors open.
Remember this.. That whole thing last night… those half hours he bought on those networks… wouldn’t have been possible, had he not broken his promise about public financing. Given that, why should anyone trust anything else he says?
- Mrs Bit, via E-mail just now:
God, that sickens me about the Australian flamingo . Did you see that story on Drudge?  75 year old bird – oldest of its kind ever. It’s blind. It’s not afraid of humans – walks right up to the edge of its enclosure at the Australian zoo. Some teenagers attacked it. It’s in critical condition. They’re also worried about its cagemate – a flamingo it’s been with for 50 years. The healthy one may suffer over losing its friend.What the frick is wrong with people? I guess they’re all sick animals. The animals behave “better” than the people do. There’s a story under that one about someone stabbing their lover with a screwdriver 220 times . I guess if they can’t be nice to each other, there’s no hope they’ll be kind to defenseless animals. Makes me want to cry.
Truely. We live in a cruel world. I do think, though that in both these cases, what we’re dealing with is unreleased anger. In the former case, we’re dealing with the maladjusted. And looking around , I see the thing is not an isolated incident at all . If the animal didn’t end up being the target, it would have been some other helpless creature… possibly human. In the case of the latter, what we have here is the breakup of a lesbian couple, one of which was a writer for the left-leaning Huffington Post. In her writings… as with the writings of most leftists, frankly, you can clearly see the woman had a number of unresolved anger issues. A day later, after finding out that stabbing her ex-lover 222 times didn’t solve those issues, she solved her problem with the 2oz lead solution. It has drawbacks, of course, does that solution, but there is a certain finality to it. A few links you’ll find of interest all generated the week prior to her death:
Look, I’m quite sure I’m going to catch hell for this, but Savage’s quote that liberalism is a mental disorder isn’t far wrong. I don’t think it a mental disorder of itself, but clearly it is a symptom of it. That’s playing out to it’s logical conclusion, I think, in both the instances you cite. There’s more here .
- This stuff is so laughable… Glenn Reynolds notes :
HEH: Snow blankets London for Global Warming debate . “Snow fell as the House of Commons debated Global Warming yesterday – the first October fall in the metropolis since 1922.”
You’d think that with all those highly paid minds, that one of them might notice this stuff keeps happening to them. What we’re seeing here is the victory of liberal mantra over obvious facts.
- Do keep chanting, Democrats, about how vote fraud isn’t happening. Here, too , is the victory of liberal mantra over obvious facts.
- Boy the girls must be really hot , there.
- 25 years?  My god… seems like yesterday I was making mix tapes for this thing. And I keep hearing rumors about the Jackson 5 (plus one) touring this summer?
- So, Jen’s preggers .Big deal. First, it’s not any great accomplishment. Secondly, it’s not like it’s anything you or I did. That’s only half as snarky as it sounds; I’m convinced that when guys watch that kind of thing it’s because they wish they HAD done it. The real story is the shockingly small chance that the kid’s going to come out growing up anything like normal.
- Speaking of not normal , I see Phil Spector’s second trial has begun.