I see a massive influx of rapists to Colorado and a massive out-flux of women to the saner forty-nine. This what the University of Colorado Springs attempted to foist off as advise on how women could prevent themselves from being raped, from International Business Times:
What To Do If You Are Attacked
These tips are designed to help you protect yourself on campus, in town, at your home, or while you travel. These are preventative tips and are designed to instruct you in crime prevention tactics.
1. Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
2. Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
3. Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.
4. Don’t take time to look back; just get away.
5. If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
6. Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
7. Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
8. Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
9. Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
10. Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.”
Items 2, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8 amount rather ineffective, at best, means of of woman preventing herself from being raped. Items 2, 9 and 10 amount to surrender.
Hat tip and reax, Guns Save Lives:
What The Hell is Going on in Colorado? ‘Use Pens for Defense’, ‘Pee on Yourself’, ‘Women Can’t be Trusted with Guns’
Coors likes to say the secret is in the water. And maybe it is?