Rochester, NY— I’m home for a couple days. Catching up on reading and family time, which is gold to someone who spends 6 days a week, most weeks, on the road. Lots of news and such to comment on. Here’s a few:
- The real mission: One wonders if the Secret Service is now using Eliot (Client number 9) Spitzer as a consultant. It seems to me his rather unique talents would serve them well, on this particular mission.
- Hey, David Axlerod: Since you weren’t even talking yet in 1957, it seems to me taking us back to those days would be an improvement on that score alone. It’s probably the only way we can get a total moron like you to stop babbling. nd what was the state of our national debt in 1957, pray, tell? What were the tax rates then? Or maybe you’re talking about stay at home moms?
- Faux Outrage? Perhaps the funniest thing this week so far was Hilary Rosen suing for peace in a war she started. What perhaps is least understood about this process, is that that is precisely what negotiated settlements are for; winning in discussion that couldn’t be won in the war itself. The real deal about this is that Hilary Rosen is one of the establishment players in the Democrat party. Hers is the kind of non thought that goes on at the most basic of levels within that party. When she says Ann Romney is never had a job in their life, what she’s really saying is she’s rich and privileged. Perhaps she isn’t aware that even after feminism, the majority of moms are stay at home moms. And a lot of them stay at home because they can’t afford government-licensed child care. A mom staying at home and raising the kids, you see, is a traditional value. They view it as a thing of the past. Tell me again who is out of touch with mainstream America. And even if she was rich, these are people who worked hard to get to where they are. Individually successful, in other words. Liberals can’t stand this, so they come up with nonsense like Rosen did. And let me tell you; This is the kind of knee-jerk non-thought their governmental policies come from, once they have the power to implement them. Here’s a message for you, Hillary; if Ann Romney isn’t allowed to talk about the economy because she doesn’t have a job then Michelle Obama shouldn’t be talking about nutrition until she’s gotten the size of that backside of hers down to something… human. Hmm?
- Six Years? In what is perhaps the most disconnected- from- reality- story this week, the Obama administration made a great show out of celebrating six years since Romney care was implemented. In other words, Obama is celebrating the idea that government took over health care and made a complete a catastrophe of it. Leave it to the Democrats to celebrate a government failure. Maybe somebody ought to remind them of Deval Patrick’s involvement in gutting the thing, because it wasn’t working. It still isn’t. perhaps what they’re celebrating, though, isn’t whether not it works, but that government grew by it. If they don’t understand, though mostly the rest of America does, that when government grows the rights of the people shrink.
- Tax Returns:Yes, I’ve seen Obama tax returns. He will tell you of course, without saying as much, that he is part of the 99%, not the 1%. The tax returns, however, tell a different story. $789 thousand dollars. Where, I wonder, did that income, come from? And you know maybe we can get Hilary Rosen after him. After all the man hasn’t worked a job in his life. Not one. Oh, by the way… you do know Obama paid a lower rate than his secretary did, don’t you? Warren Buffett, call your office please.
- Keystone Pipeline foibles?Speaking of Warren “raise my taxes,please” Buffett…. My kid, of all people, points up a possible explanation to the Keystone pipeline being nixed. And no, the environment has nothing to do with it.
In the absence of the pipeline, there’s a huge number of trains running back and forth between the oil fields in Canada and the refineries in the southern US… Texas, Louisiana, etc.. Guess who serves that neighborhood with real service? BNSF. Which is owned, by Warren Buffett. Does Obama nixing the pipeline sound to you like an incredibly straightforward political payoff for the use of his name in the PR effort to get tax increases by? It does to me.
- Zimmerman Charged? Well, over-charged. This is never going to fly in court. As a matter of fact it might not get past the preliminary hearings. The standard of evidence is simply not met. Indeed, from what I have seen the prosecutors are own paper work suggests a clear-cut case of self defense on the part of Zimmerman. That he was charged at all, seems to be a political CYA maneuver. The DEA their most certainly is looking to get reelected. The more evidence that comes up about this in fact, the more it appears the police acted quite correctly in the matter. So the worst of it from Zimmerman’s part is going to be that he’s going to stand trial and easily get the chart overturned. If he does not, there probably should be some response from the people over the matter. Far be it for me to agree with much that Alan Dershowitz has to say on much of anything. But I think he’s got this one right.
- Lockerbie Bomber in a Lybian Hospital. For while, I must admit, I was angry that the man was released and is still alive. But I must say that this sentences he’s been handed by nature, is probably more just that anything human courts could come up with. He now has to suffer under government health care Certainly it’s as dangerous to his health as the bombs he once planted. Serves him right.
- NORK Nuke rockets? As I see it, North Korea’s recent rocket test failure, is a win-win situation for them. Consider the first nuclear payload going up and falling back to earth within the narrow confines of North Korea. Boom. The North Korean regime could very easily say that it was a missile from the United States. The sad part is a good chunk of our supposedly American press would believe them. In the meanwhile, can this be considered anything but a black eye for Obama’s a foreign policy?
- Tell me this isn’t racist:Farrakhan Tells Blacks: Breeding With Whites Is ‘End of Your Race’…
Where, pray tell, is the condemnation on this coming from the Obama White House, or for that matter from anywhere in the Democrat Party?