(Elmwood Park,NJ)– I’m at a paper company here picking up a load for Rochester, which will bring me home. I was at Middle Village, NYC again this monring. Here’s a pic taken while I wanted for a dock to open up.
I’m really happy about how this thing drives. The new parts in the transmission have made a new truck out of the thing, and the engine was just rebuilt last year… essentially I have a new truck. And a bt of a hot rod, at that. It’s a fun drive, and one I’ve come to really enjoy.
I’m starting to get compliments from other drivers on the road about how it looks, which is always a kick. The inside is getting to the point where I can show it to you, and I’ll do that next week, I think, for those asking. Let’s take a look around, shall we?
- McJobs: Remember when they used to say (falsely) , under Reagan that the only jobs out there were hamburger flipping jobs? Turns out, under Obama, it’s true.  And no, that’s not a healthy economy. And just this morning,  even among those jobs the numbers are bleak at least.I suggest it’s time for Obama and the Democrats to stand up and own this economy they’ve created. Let’s get them to stand up and run for re-election, based on the economic disaster they’ve brought upon us. Let them speak the truth: “We brought you four dollars plus per gallon of gas… we brought you massive unemployment, stagflation, and all te economic hardships that come with them. We’ve brought you a government healtcare plan that “insures’ you, but that you won’t be able to see a doctor. And so on, and so on.Michial Walsh,  by way of Glenn Reynolds this morning, says:
Two years into the Obama administration, the country’s finances are a looming calamity. An unemployment rate of more than 8 percent has become the new normal, and even that understates real unemployment, because so many Americans have simply left the job market.
The $800 billion stimulus was a complete failure, unless you count “government jobs saved” as a useful goal. “Quantitative easing” â€” the Federal Reserve’s printing money to buy Treasury debt â€” has already failed twice, yet it’s being contemplated again.
And does anyone doubt Obama and the Democrats would have hiked taxes last fall had they not suffered such a humiliating defeat in the 2010 election?
Barring those accomplishments, what accomplishments can the Democrats run on for re-election? On what basis would they have us keep the reins of power in their hands? All they can do now is attempt to spread fear of what the Republicans would do in office. But that’s not going to sell, anymore.
- Kevorkian buys it: The irony here is that the story writes itself.  Ask yourself: Why didn’t he commit suicide, himself?
- “Gay”Softball league can limit “Straight” players:  Su much for equal protection under the law.
- Breck Girl Gets Charged: Yeah, they finally got around to charging John Edwards  for misusing gove rnment money vis-a-vie his campaign money, to keep his ….ummmm… affairs and the resulting kid, from public eye. Now, think; does anyone seriously consider that a Republican in the same situation would be charged four years after the fact? Trust me, they’d be charged prior to the next election,with much ballyhoo.
- “Net Neutrality” If you ever doubted the FCC and it’s “Net Neutrality” nonsense was all about supporting leftists, doubt no longer. 
- Palin: I note with no small amount of amusement the anti-Palin attack bits  just keep flying out there. Anytime you see the Establishment Republicans aggeeing with the Democrats, it shows clearly whose side both the left and the establishment GOP is on. And, it’s not our side, trust me. As Limbaugh says, today:
The media, for two years has been trying to Palinize Palin — they’ve been trying to destroy her — and what’s happening here is she’s turning the tables on them and she’s Palinizing them, and the Republican Ruling Class is furious. The Republican Ruling Class is furious that Palin, going to all these states on her bus tour, is not coordinating with local Republican organizations, and there’s saying, “This ain’t cool! This is not cool, because if she turns out to be running she doesn’t need to be making enemies out of all these people.” But there’s another way to look at that, and that is: She’s not following a losing script.
It’s fascinating to watch this Palin stuff. They hate her, they despise her, they are frustrated that they haven’t destroyed her. They can’t believe she’s still smiling. They can’t believe she’s still drawing crowds. They can’t believe that she’s enjoying life. They can’t believe her family is still together. They can’t believe her husband hasn’t walked out on her. They can’t believe any of this. Folks, you know this as well as I do: When they set out to destroy you, they mean just that — and Palin’s not playing along with the script. She’s not acting destroyed. She’s not asking for forgiveness. She’s not begging them to leave her alone. She’s not changing in order to make them lighten up or anything. She’s just looking at ’em and smiling.
“Oh, you want some more of it? Here it is,” and they’re beside themselves. They are literally beside themselves. Now, there are two kinds of people in the world: Those who understand Sarah Palin and those who pretend they don’t.
What I mean by “those who understand Palin and those who pretend they don’t,” is people who are critical of Palin for whatever reasons — she’s not schooled, she’s rough around the edges, she has a squeaky voice, whatever — whatever it is, claim not to understand her popularity or whatever, they know exactly what it is that attracts people to her, and that’s what bothers them. It bothers them she’s drawing these crowds, and that’s what they pretend not to understand. They want us to believe, “My God, what kinda idiot people are there that would follow this woman around? What kind of stupid people?”
They know. The people I’m talking about know that as elites they are in a genuine minority, and there is disdain for flyover country, great Midwest, heartland, middle class, whatever. There’s a disdain for it — both social class-wise, education-wise. There’s all kinds of reasons. She owns that demographic. She owns it, and there’s deep resentment for it. So they pretend that she’s so odd and so off the wall, so weird that, “I don’t know what this crazy woman’s up to,” but they know exactly what she’s up to! Now, they don’t know whether she’s running for office or not, and that kills them, too. They can’t figure that out! That bugs ’em.
Exactly so. And look, as I said the other day, I’m not convinced Palin is the best we’ve got to run. But …. and note this well… these kind of attacks are going to be played against ANYone who dares be a real conservative. Because they know… both the left and the establishment GOP… that as Rush says, being a real conservative is not a losing formula.
- James Arness: I see James Arness has died. Sad; A good actor. And no, I never knew Peter Graves was his brother. But it makes sense. Same voice, and largely the same face. Graves had better comedic timing, however, at least in the public eye.