This is your fearless leader speaking.
A couple things in the mechanics of running a web site …
1: I have upgraded the WordPress software to version 3.0. To most users this won’t change a thing.
2:I finally found the nasty bug that’s been causing the homepage not to show itself occasionally. It turns out the optimization routine that I was using occasionally blows up its own cache files. I’ve disabled that for the moment I will leave it disabled.
Perhaps my not writing is a good thing, since site traffic is up a bit on average. More likely there something else going on here, but darned if I know what.
As always if you’ve got problems drop feedback and I’ll see what I can do.