Welcome, one and all, to the most intensely cold read anywhere on the web; The BitsBlog Nightly Ramble.
The picture to the right is of the sign outside the Nightly Ramble Regional HQ in Athern, Wisconsin. The locals are complaining how warm it is.
- JACK MURTHA CORRUPT? WHO THE HECK DIDN’T KNOW? Dan Riehl passes along word  that a defense contractor with ties to Jack Murtha has been suspended for kickbacks. At some point, somebody’s actually going to have the stones to challenge Murtha himself on his corruption. unfortunately, by then, the damage will of been done.
- AT WHAT POINT DO WE SAY ENOUGH? From Investors Business Daily, is news that the Democrat Party is now planning to regulate tax preparers.  In short, if you don’t have a license for tax preparation issued by the government, it’s illegal for you to prepare somebody else’s taxes for them. At what point do Americans say “government has enough power”?
- CONFLICT OF DIRECTION: Perhaps the reason that the CIA is having so much difficulty maintaining a lock on terrorists, is they’re spending a good deal of their cycles on supporting the “global warming” myth?
- SPEAKING OF WHICH… HOW IS THAT GLOBAL WARMING THING WORKING OUT FOR YOU? .Midwest bracing for heavy snow -- wind chills of 50 below! 
Next Arctic Blast blows even colder... 
Persistent cold tightens grip on nation... 
CHILL MAP... 
Britain's big snow shuts cities... 
Death toll rises to 22 in UK's biggest freeze for 30 years...... 
Arctic blast freezes Texas... 
Weekend Freeze Looms for Gulf Coast... 
Florida races to save crops... 
ICE DELAYS FLIGHTS IN TAMPA... 
Links from Drudge again today.  I know several people in Florida who are wondering why they moved down there , just now.
- THE TRANSPARENCY LIE: As far as I’m concerned, Brian Lamb of C- Span should be a medal of freedom winner, once the current occupant of the White House vacates it. The man has single-handedly shown how badly we’ve been lied to , and what the Democrat party really thinks of their promise of “transparency”.
- ARTIE LANGE? It seems beyond question that Lange is a troubled soul. sadly, some of the greatest comedians this country has ever seen were similarly troubled. Having just seen Steven Spielberg’s “1941” John Belushi comes to mind. But how in bleep does one stab oneself nine times? 
- SPEAKING OF SUICIDE: Yes, I saw the events today in Saint Louis. As of this writing, three your dad, five more wounded at the ABB plant is the report from 1120/KMOX  which for some reason is coming in up here. Must be the cold snap. The latest report of received suggests that the gunman is one of the dead and apparent suicide.