Welcome, everybody, to the most intense nightly read anywhere on the web; The BitsBlog Nightly Ramble
- OBAMA’S POLITICAL IDEALISM OVER REALITY:
WASHINGTON -AP-  President Barack Obama does not plan to accept any of the Afghanistan war options presented by his national security team, pushing instead for revisions to clarify how and when U.S. troops would turn over responsibility to the Afghan government, a senior administration official said Wednesday.
That stance comes in the midst of forceful reservations about a possible troop buildup from the U.S. ambassador in Afghanistan, Karl Eikenberry, according to a second top administration official.
In strongly worded classified cables to Washington, Eikenberry said he had misgivings about sending in new troops while there are still so many questions about the leadership of Afghan President Hamid Karzai.
We are told, in numerous linkages, that what the president has been asking for is details on how to hand the situation over to the Afghan government. So, rather than fight for the freedom of the Afghan people, he’s willing to turn them over to a corrupt government two will not withstand the onslaught from the Islamic radicals. Does anyone think the outcome of that is going to make us look very good?
I submit to you that what’s really happening here, is he’s trying to create his own reality. Mr. Obama spent an awful lot of time as Candidate Obama trying to convince us that Afghanistan was a war that we had to win, whereas Iraq was a war of choice. Funny how things changed, once he got into office. Apparently, the lessons of Vietnam and the disgraceful withdrawal from that field of battle, and that freedom fight, which were also forced by the left, are lost on this idiot. I tell you this, my friends, if, as it looks like now, we abadon the people of Afghanistan to the Islamic Extremists, Obama will have succeeded in on early destroying the credibility of these United States, for generations.
There does seem to be a war of the leakage going on within Washington these days. it does appear that we do have two factions involved, one dedicated to the political idealism of the white house, and one dedicated to the realities on the ground. Given the choice of the two, it’s been my observation that Obama will always choose political idealism over reality.
Hope and change.
- LOU DOBBS OUT AT CNN? Well, that’s what it looks like, yes. The New York Times is saying that it was an abrupt exit  which is total nonsense, given that the back and forth between Dobbs and the overwhelming liberalism emanating from that channel have been stuff of kitchen table discussion for years now. Based on the comments Dobbs himself made on CNN before heading for the exit sign,  my guess is that Mr. Dobbs is tired of trying to keep the lemmings from jumping over the cliff at CNN, and we will see him at Fox Business Channel before the echo dies. Phyllis Chesler has comments here . Word on the street is that John King will be anchoring that show at CNN. I will tell you this; If Fox Business is smart, they’ll post him in his old timeslot.
- ROUT THE RINO: This time, it’s Lindsay Graham. Wasn’t it just the other day I said this oughta happen?
- CHRIS DODD APPROVAL RATING DROPS: According to the Nashua Telegraph, gravity still works, and the press will still try to spin it the other way if it involves a liberal:
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) â€”  A new Quinnipiac University poll shows that Connecticut Sen. Christopher Dodd’s approval rating has declined again, and two Republicans would beat him in head-to-head matchups in next year’s election.
The poll released Thursday says 54 percent of registered voters surveyed last week disapprove of the job Dodd is doing, up from 49 percent in September. Dodd’s approval rating had inched up in the polls for several months before the latest survey.
Do you see the sleight of hand ? The article points to the rating going up. Anyone looking at that quickly will assume that his approval rating not his disapproval rating had gone up. In any event, the man is toast at the next cycle. And yes, I know darn well that that is hardly an earth shaking production. But I will guarantee you it’s one you won’t see in the supposedly mainstream media.
- ANITA’S DUNN. Is the Fox/White House War? Kaus thinks so, and says Fox won . Mickey also raises the possibility that this was just a fund raising tactic, along. I’m not quite convinced that was the order, given that the Democrats have a tendency to use any possible excuse to turn something into a fund raiser, but I can’t argue the general drift of his thought.
- A GUN-FREE ZONE? AN ARMY POST? I mentioned in a posting just recently that so many died at fort hood because the place was up gun free zone. I said at the time and will say again a lack of guns doesn’t make you say for it makes you more vulnerable. Ed Driscoll . points out where this gn-free nonsense began : Bill Clinton. Only a liberal .
- I’M OFF: (Of course you already knew that, right?) Seriously, I’m off with my wonderful wife for a day outing tommrow, to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. So, there won’t be a Nightly Ramble for Friday…. it’ll return Monday.