Welcome, one and all to the most intense nightly read anywhere on the sphere: The BitsBlog Nightly Ramble
- COLOR ME AMAZED: Nobody else has noted that Letterman didn’t make  an pedo jokes at the expense of Obama’s daughters, as he did W’s.  Well, maybe ‘amazed’ isn’t the word. (Yawn)
- THE SCHOOL OF THE BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS: And Joe Biden, it’s Alum. Biden on 2010: If GOP Succeeds, It’s ‘The End of the Road for What Barack and I Are Trying to Do’  I can’t think of a better reason to vote Republican, personally. But inherrent in this statement is an admission; The Dems are in very deep trouble. Past that, W has the moron nailed as such:
“If bull was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.”
We’ll be seeing this in a book shortly , I gather.
- OUT OF HIS DEPTH? Bush also had comments for Obama:
On Barack Obama: “This is a dangerous world and this cat isn’t remotely qualified to handle it. This guy has no clue, I promise you.”
And apparently others have started to come to that conclusino, including his supporters. Noted an article in the London Telegraph this monring  suggesting Obama’s starting to look out of his depth. As strong a condemnation of the man as you’re likely to see from the place. Mostly, theirproblem is not with his leftist policy, but his ability to carry it off. Clearly they think the man is, you should pardon the expression, bush leauge. They point, for example to the disaster  that is Obamacare  and the increasing resistance to it. 
- MCCAIN WORSE? Fox News host Glenn Beck tells Katie Couric he thinks GOP nominee John McCain would have been worse for the country than Hillary Clinton or Pres. Barack Obama, according to a post at CBS this morning . I’m not sure I accept the idea totally, but I can understand his thinking. Unlike what Obama does, anything McCain would do in office would get blamed on Conservatives. I’ve argued for years, he’s no conservtaive… not even close. BY comparison, Bush was clearly at best a centrist and McCain comes down tot he left of W on a lot of issues. Such a person will seriusly damage conservatism. I’m convinced, though that Wehner is offbase with his comments on Beck.  Wehner seems to feel that the libertarian streak in Beck is an issue. I’ve always considered that a libertarian streak should be an endearing quality to conservatives. Of course, I suppose that depends on what one thinks they’re trying to conserve.
- STILL, GIVE THE MAN CREDIT: McCain is at least smart enough to tag Carter correctly. OK, granted that shouldn’t take much, but amazingly enough a lot of folk’s logic hasn’t brought hem even THAT far.
- UH-OH. Barry, you’ve got a problem:
NEW YORK (Reuters) –  Hassan Nemazee, a fund-raiser for Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and other Democrats, has been indicted for defrauding Bank of America, HSBC and Citigroup Inc out of more than $290 million in loan proceeds, U.S. prosecutors said on Monday.The announcement follows last month’s indictment of Nemazee, head of a private equity firm and an Iranian American Political Action Committee board member, on one count of defrauding Citigroup’s Citibank.
Gee… sounds like another story the MSM basically ignored the last time a Democrat was in the White House, huh? I wish I could say the Hsu was on the other foot.
- AS IF WE NEEDED MORE PROOF: that Prince Charles is a full goose idiot. What bothers me is that anyone is still listening to him at all.
- SIGN OF THE TIMES: Snow in Wyoming, already? And yes, I blame Global Warming Cooling, whatever. 
- AND NOW THIS REMINDER FROM ALQUIEDA: Regardless of what Dear Leader Obama says, we’re still here. 
- SHE”S DOING WHAT? AP is reporting 
The estranged wife of South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford is writing a memoir.Ballantine Books, an imprint of Random House Inc., said Tuesday it will publish Jenny Sanford’s “inspirational memoir” in May 2010.
May 2010? Yeah, that’ll be about right. Election time, you know. Gee, wonder what the motive is there, huh?