Welcome, one and all to the mist intense nightly read anywhere on the sphere… The BitsBlog Nightly Ramble
- Obama: Last of the Kennedy Brothers? Well, let’s hope so. On the other hand, maybe not Consider the words of Limbaugh  on the point yesterday:
RUSH:Some people did not believe me when I said Chris Matthews said today that Barack Obama is the last Kennedy brother. Okay, let’s go to the audio sound bites. On the Today Show the co-host Ann Curry talking to Chris Matthews, who’s the last of the Marx Brothers. You had Harpo, Zeppo, Groucho, Gummo, Chico and now Chrisso. And they’re talking about Kennedy and President Obama.
MATTHEWS: He wanted to be his brother’s brother, and then he turned that torch over last year to Barack Obama. And the great thing about the Kennedy’s is they always grew as a family. They tended to get better as they got older. This family got better. The Kennedy commitment to civil rights was almost accidental. It began because of history, ’63 and Martin Luther King’s march. By Bobby it became passion, by Teddy it became real, and then Teddy turns it over to the first African American and says, “You got the ball.” Amazing history, Barack is now the last brother.
There you have it, Barack Obama is now the last brother. Barack Obama, the last Kennedy brother.
I suppose the argument can be made as Rush indicates later in that clip… that the endorsement of Obama would be seen as such a torch passing. The one point that Chris Matthews isn’t going to tell you, however, is precisely what I said yesterday; the amount of resistance being put up against the policies of the last Kennedy brother  currently occupying the White House can be taken as nothing but a repudiation of the policies of the Liberal Lyin’, Ted Kennedy. Now, as Boortz points out today , the Democrats are trying to use the death of that fat drunk to promote their government run healthcare . Of course, with 16 billion mainstream press denizens writing glowing obituaries about the most widely known bridge player from Massachusetts , it’s an understandable ploy. There’s only one problem; Reality. The fact of the matter is that not only is Obamacare about as popular among the American voter as raw sewage in the dining room , but on a nationwide basis, and outside the far leftism of the Bay state, Kennedy’s popularity isn’t much higher than that of the aforementioned sewage. If anything, tacking Kennedy’s name on to the monstrosity that the Democrat party are pushing on us is probably going to lose them support faster than it gains it.
- HE WASN”T AS WELL THOUGHT OF BECAUSE HE SURVIVED: That’s Virginia Postrel,  talking about Ted Kennedy. It’s an interesting insight. What might have been is always an easier sell than reality. And face it, what after all is all this memorializing about Camelot other than bleaching about what might have been?
- LET THERE BE NO DOUBT… I say again, no doubt it all, about how the Democrats view “bipartisanship”. the Democrats who dare show the least consideration outside the Demcocrat party line will be pounced on like this. 
- HITTING YOU WHERE YOU LIVE: Really. Is there nothing this government won’t try to cut short?  end if you ladies think you’re safe from this monster, think again.
- EVOLUTION: I came across, in traffic today, as someone who’s badly kept vehiclebore a sticker something along these lines. (right) After looking at what he was driving, and how he was driving it, and how he was interacting with the rest of the people on the road… I must observe… it never ceases to amaze me the number of people who believe in evolution who have dismally failed in partaking of that process they believe in, in any significant way. Enough said.