Welcome, one and all to the most intense nightly read anywhere on the sphere…The BitsBlog Nightly Ramble
- WILL OBAMA PAY THE PRICE ON CUTTING MEDICARE? Byron York asks that question today . I honestly don’t see how he’s going to get away with not paying the price for that, (Already the ads are out about it from the opposition) but then again, he’s already gotten away with so much.
- EXECUTIVE JETS NOW HISTORY? Over at The Politico, John Bresnahan is saying , that Jack Murtha, of all people has offered to eliminate funding the new fleet of Gulfstream jets for Congress. The earmark king doing that? Sorry, I’m not sure I buy it.
- FIGHTING THE SMEARS, BARRY…, or silencing the opposiiton with the power of paid union thugs, and government thugs? After all, anyone who disagrees with Demcorats is “UnAmerican”. Apparentlt that means 57% of us are “UnAmerican”. 
- TRINKETS: Don’t tell that to the novelty people who are selling anti-Obama stuff by the ton .
- DEMOCRATS AND HEALTHCARE PROTESTS: The Democrats are busy playing the deer in the headlights  on this one. They don’t know what to do . Barone goes over it with his usual talent .
- FORGET THOSE PROJECTIONS, FOLKS: All those rosy economic forecasts don’t mean squat when the bill comes due for the huge-ass spending Obama’s been doing.
- A LONG ISLAND HONOR KILLING: Again, Phylis Chesler does a great job with this stuff as always . Again, I’m forced to ask, why are we welcoming this stuff into our culture ? On what twisted basis do we find we must ‘respect’ such a culture as would do such things?
- ARE LIBERALS SECEDING FROM SANITY? So asks Micheal Lind, at Salon.  Mike, I gotta tell ya, that ship sailed decades ago. And they haven’t erred, Mike. It’s the Democrats who have fouled up. And the disaffection from the Demcorats and the RINOS is not limited to the south, as we are seeing in the polling numbers. But do continue the way you’re going. It’ll make it all the sweeter come November 2010 and 2012.