Welcome, one and all to the most intense nightly read anywhere on the ‘sphere… The BitsBlog Nightly Ramble
- The Sotomayor Tax Dodge: It appears that we’re going to ahve something added to the confirmation hearing on Sonya Sotmayor… apparently the law firm under her name is a tax dodge.  Don’t expect the Republicans to do anything about it. Give credit to Mitch McConnell though, who is now publicly worrying that she lets race enter her rulings.
- The real reason: The confusion on the stated goals of healthcare by governmental fiat is yet another example of why I’m cinvinced it’s all BS and the real reason for such efforts is simply growing government. Re-making America as a socialist model.
- So how’s that stimulus working out? We’re now seeing 14% unemployment figures being bandied about. And yet the Democrats are still insisting it would have been worse if they’re not gone crazy with borrowed money to the tune of trillions of dollars. Of course they offer no proof for this. None. One of Reynold’s readers quips :
So, I guess they would agree that the invasion of Iraq was a success because it prevented another terrorist attack in the U.S.? They wouldn’t agree with that? BIG surprise….
Yeah, we know how that works, don’t we? We also know they’re not going to deal with the real cause of all of this. 
- No cigar for the cigar store indian: Ward Churchill isn’t getting his job back after all. 
- When even the Biz pages notice: Investors Business Daily says Crazy Uncle Hugo’s prints are all over Obama’s kissing Zelaya’s backside. OK, Mixed metephor, I know. Dan Miller has a bit of discussion on that. So does Richard Fernandez .