- A Pretty Pathetic Presidential Picthing Performance: Did you guys see this in Pittsburgh ? Neither did I, but a freind did. Joyner apparently noticed it too . I happened to listen to Pitt radio this morning and one of the guys had talked to the catcher. Says the guy couldn’t get it over the plate, something at least GWB did. But you know, we shouldn’t be too hard on Barry. After all, Baseball is something American children grow up playing. That’s an advantage Obama never had. Does that make Obama a victim?
- New 8 track? Speaking of Joyner, he notes something that got by me here… Cheap Trick has issued a new album on 8 track tape . I knew they’d been releasing albums, but this one was interesting. I think I still have a box of 8 tracks in the garage, but nothing to play them on. At one time the back seat of my Z-28 was given over to tales.
- Another FBI probe of Murtha: You’d think the voters in PA would start getting the message. 
- Speaking of fighting tooth and nail for what you believe in: Here’s another example.  OK, OK, I know, but consider this for a moment. What these folks are doing isn’t all that unlike leftists. Anti-Abortion types are nut cases but leftists are not, when they use the same tactics?
- Question of Logic: If we destroy the economy to pay for healthcare , would there be any money to pay for healthcre going forward? If we have to destroy our economy to pay for ANYTHING, seems to me obvious that the anything isn’t sustainable. Yet that’s where we seem to be headed.
- The record of Obama’s “Science Czar” isn’t all that great…. unless you’re a liberal ideolouge. Like Obama, as it happens  We used to hear from Obama about how we see politics removed from science. What we have here with the science Czar is pure politics, so I suppsoe we can say that’s one promise Obama’s kept, right?
- How to know you’re on the wrong sightseeing tour Of the Grand Canyon. Ouch. 
- The Daily Sotomayor: Annoying watching Sotomayor dancing around her support of institutionalized racism . More annoying though is the likes of Lindsay Graham letting her get away with it. As David points out, they did some damage but didn’t sink her and they should have, on principle. Look, I know… Graham himself said it as I did yesterday:
“Unless you have a complete meltdown, you’re going to get confirmed.”
Still, that doesn’t relieve him of the responsibility to speak out loudly and fight tooth and nail for the truth. I’m getting very tired of people who won’t do that. If he can’t or won’t, we should find someone who can and will. Does anyone thnk that the Democrats would play it other than down to the wire tooth and nail? Look at the confirmation hearings on Justice Thomas. And his chances of getting confirmed were no lower then, than are that of Sotomayor, now. Perhaps the willingness to fight for one’s principles has something to do with the Democrats being in power now? Wat an example of truth telling? Here you go.  And here, as well . Why should we be fighting so? Because when we don’t, they get away with lies like this .