Welcome, one and all to the most intense nightly read anywhere on the ‘sphere…;The BitsBlog Nightly Ramble
- Enable Comments? One of the things about having guest bloggers, as Reynolds is about to find out, is that occasionally, they’ll do some things you hadn’t expected. Usually, that’s good. Sometimes, not so much. I’m not sure what to make of Ann Althouse enabling comments at Instapundit,  but it’s a little weird to see the comment flag open, even if it is only on one post. Never seen that, before. Yeah, I know… this is all ‘inside baseball’ kinda stuff. Still…..
- Let’s call this what it is…. Boortz make a good point, today:
It’s not health “insurance” we’re talking about here; it’s a health care payment plan.
Go and read .
- Ride for Kids: Speaking of Boortz, he passes on word of a fundraiser… and I’m feeling generous today… so…. I’m going to help the cause, here: (I figure in such matters, every little bit helps!)
Ride for a cause with hundreds of motorcyclists at the 2009 Ride for Kids on Sunday, June 7 from it’s NEW location…Six Flags Over Georgia (275 Riverside Pkwy Austell, GA 30168). The goal is to raise money for research into pediatric brain tumors, which are the deadliest type of childhood cancer.Registration starts at 8 am and closes at 10:15 am. Ride leaves at 10:30 am. sharp, rain or shine. Minimum donation is $35.00 per motorcycle. Proceeds of the event benefit the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation’s medical research grants and family support programs. For additional information, visit www.rideforkids.org/atlanta , www.pbtfus.org  on the web or contact the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation at 800-253-6530.
I’ve been involved with such projects in the past,and not only is it important work, but it’s a fun, rewarding time.
- They know it didn’t work. Now what, Barry? Rasmussen is reporting that only 31% of Americans think the government spending called “The stimulus” helped our economy. Anyone care to make any bets on how this is going to go down come 2010 and 2012?
- Bye, Kim: The long reach for the exit in NORK has apparently begun for Kim Jung Il.
- Good and Pawlenty? Word on the wire is he is not running for governor , again. Sounds like ramp up to a White House run. Since he was so closely tied to McCain, I’m unimpressed, but we’ll see.
- Iran and Nukes: It doesn’t add up. 
- Say it ain’t so, Sascha…. That whole thing with Sascha Baron Cohen and “Eminem” at the MTV awards was fake ? Gee. I dunno which is more of a concern… that someone actually cared enough to investigate it, or that anyone thought a fake incident between these two is in any way unusual.
- What goes around… I see that the moron Jaqui Smith…. the one that went after Talk show host Micheal Savage is going down in a rather impressive ball of flame . The remaining question remain, however… did Janet Napolitano put Jaqui Smith up to the Savage bit?  And will her successor reverse the ruling of this political operative? The next election there remains in some doubt, too, but on another level… and one the Republicans here would do well to learn from… No matter how screwed up, and corrupt Labor gets, the Conservatives in England will only get so far on the campaign slogan “We’re not Labor”.