Welcome, one and all to the most intense nightly read on the ‘sphere: The ever more popular BitsBlog Nightly Ramble
This is the Garden Store Edition
- When government rises, true charity falls: This blog has pointed out for years, that when taxes go up, ostensibly to support social services programs, actually charity giving suffers. So it is no shock to find that the immediate effect of Obama’s enforced ‘volunteering’ for teens is that Youth volunteering is falling for first time since 9/11… 
- Liar, Liar: No shock, either, to find that Nancy Pelosi is lying through her teeth about not being briefed on water boarding. I’d like to see her under oath on this stuff, but with Democrats in charge, it ain’t gonna happen.
- ZZZZZZ: Well,, perhaps she was asleep, like Obama’s Financial advisor, Larry Summers, yesterday.  I wonder if she’ll cop to that, though,
- You Dirty Rattner: Kaus is still chasing the bit with Rattner . You gotta wonder if the cause of her recent problems isn’t the person on the other end of Obama’s Souped up Blackberry.
- Sugar Daddy George: And who would that be? Why, George Soros, of course. 
This morning a coalition of human rights groups and other organizations launched an appeal to the President to establish a commission of inquiry to examine and report publicly on America’s use of torture in the period since September 11, 2001. Please sign the petition and forward this email to your friends, family, and colleagues.
(Site URL Redacted)
Office of George Soros
It would certainly explain very well indeed, Obama’s flipflop on prosecutions we all saw this week.
- Ignored his advisors: About everyone, including his current CIA director begged Obama not to release those interrogation memos . Guess Soros trumps all that.
- No demands for Napalitano’s head? Why, I wonder didn’t it get brought up as we were told it would ? Gotta wonder if there isn’t’ something going on under the surface on this. Rex Murphy, up at the CBC , meanwhile, has a great bit up on her:
What is Barack Obama doing appointing someone to head Homeland Security, who, eight years after the attacks, does not even now know where the hijackers came from and how they got into their country? Here, it’s not her ignorance about Canada which should be troubling. It’s her ignorance of the most publicized event in modern American history. How can anyone be head of Homeland Security and not know the history of the 19 men who killed nearly 3,000 Americans?
Remember that from my perch here in Western NY, I’m within earshot of every major market in Eastern Canada. It’s a bit of an understatement to say that the Canadians are PISSED. Rightly so. We’ve had many years of a peaceful productive and warm relationship with Canada. Obama promised us change, right? Apparently he’s delivered. Canada now is angry with us. I suppose it’s no good asking them to add some troops to fight the forthcoming war in Pakistan?  Ah, not to worry. The Taliban are such nice people. 
- A limited love of liberty: An interesting post from John Leo , who says the ACLU has lost it’s way. He draws conclusions we reached a long time ago, but it’s worth a read.
- Message to Megan McCain: Go Away . Take that worthless old man of yours, with you.
- You like me… you really like me… A nod to RWN who has a list of “Five Blogs I Like”. Interestingly, BitsBlog is actually ON that list. (Snicker) As I told him yesterday, I really don’t link him as much as I should, despite his being on my regular reading bookmarks.
- Another one? Obama’s saying he’s going to do another prime time press conference.  Of course the TV nets will lose something on the high side of $10MUSD.  I wonder… how many of these before the networks grow the stones to say: “Look, we’re really not that into you”.