Welcome, one and all to the most intense nightly read anywhere on the ’sphere: The BigsBlog Nightly Ramble.
This is the Black Sign Edition. Mostly because I’m running out of names.
- Memo to Chuckles the Clown Schumer:
Article 1 Section 9
No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.
Article 1 Section 10
No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.
It’s obvious by your over the top rethoric about AIG that you’ve never heard of this concept. I know the Constitution, where these passages come from, doesn’t mean much to Democrats anymore, but at least you could do us the courtesy of actually reading and understanding the law that you swore to support and defend. It’s clear you have not.
- Weapon of Mass Distraction: If you wanted more proof that this whole thing with the AIG Bonuses was simply smoke to cover something larger, you’ve got it.
- By the way: Don’t ignore my post on this earlier today… it’s key for understanding any of this. Also, don’t miss out on Billy’s comments. I keep waiting for Republicans to get a clue on this stuff. And waiting. And… waiting. But, no… they joined in the pillory shooting of Ed Liddy, today. Idiots. And be sure to check Doctor Krauthammer on this.
- Mob mentality: Jen Rubin apparently thinks along the same line as I about the mob mentality we’re seeing on AIG. One of the folks in the comment area brings up something I meant to research when I first heard it this morning… I’ve not had time today… the fact that the biggest political contributions AIG made were to Barack Obama and Chris Dodd. Scrappleface quips “This was not the political donor I knew”. The furious backpeddling on IAG from the Democrats is interesting to watch.. kinda like a train wreck. Now if we could just get McCain and Grassley to shut up, we’d be better off.
- Interesting, that we’ve not heard a peep out of Michael Steele of late, even with all this going on. Just sayin’…
- He did WHAT? More evidence Obama is on the other side.
- Journalism? By way of Billy, we get pointed to Clay Shirky, who says:
Society doesn’t need newspapers. What we need is journalism.
Now, Shirky uses the line to speak to the commercial ventures of journalism and the issues of Intelectual property, brushes up against Digital rights management and so on. But that line… that one line… That’s an important distinction, that we shouldn’t pass off lightly… Journalism is not newspapers. Nor is it TV, radio, or for that matter, the interenet.
Back when AM radio was king, but fading (which was about when I was involved in that business) I made the point that the medium could in the end, never supercede the messages sent over it on any more than a temporary basis, and if the programming on the AM station was better than that of the FM, the AM station would survive. With the advance of Talk Radio, that certainly has proven true; with Talk radio AM has found something that in large part FM operators have been unwilling to provide. (Yes, I know there are some FM talkers, but for the most part these are offshoots of some AM operation. WJFK roars to mind as a prime example).
The internet, too. Sure, when the ‘net was new, it was the message… and it took a while for things to sort themselves out, and now it is down to sites being popular or unpopular based on the message, not the medium itself.
Dead tree based news is getting outdated, and suffers from a sheer lack of techoolgy in this age of technology. TV news, similarly, at least in the frame work of the old big three nets. They’re all going down the rails toward oblivion, as is all technology that exists today. Granted, the leftist tilt of these dinosaurs adds rocket power to that rail car, making their respective trips to oblivion faster. They’d still be a potent force today, but for that added rocket power, but they’re going down eventually anyway.
What the issue is, isn’t the medium… AM, FM, TV, cable, Satalite, Internet, whatever. All these will eventually fail and be replaced as new mediums come along. These only slightly impact the state of journalism itself, however. It is journalism itself and it’s future as such that needs examining. Each of it’s current mediums will go by the way as technology changes. But the content of it, however it’s delivered, will not go as the medium goes. content, after all, will always be needed.
So, the question then becomes, whence comes our next generation of journalists, regardless of their form of delivery?
- Live by the teleprompter, Die by the Teleprompter. Amazing. Even MoDo is saying the man cannot get mad without a teleprompter to guide him through the process. When even she sees it, there’s something seriously wrong.
- Disconnect: Oh, shut up, George.
- The Fix is In: Boortz says, today:
What’s sad is that more people in this country are shocked and horrified about the revelation that American Idol is fixed. More people are outraged that America won’t get to choose the top four on American Idol, but they are not outraged that the man they have chosen to be president is spending this country into the ground. Or that Barney Frank and his wealth envy crew are on a mission to “recover” bonus money from AIG executives..
Well, look, Neal; If you can’t tell the fix is in on Idol, you’re damn sure going to be useless when it comes to detecting that you’re being played for a fool in the larger and more complex affairs of government. How do you suppose Obama got elected, anyway? It’s like I keep saying, facts have nothing to do with support for Obama, which is why mere facts won’t defeat him. I’ll tell you this; I wish my fellow bloggers would catch on to this concept. It’d save a lot of back and forth.
- From Small ACORN grows giant corruption: This time, the census.
- Meanwhile, back at the grass roots: The Tea parties continue.
Tags: Ace, aig, Al, Ali, America, amp, AP, Barack, Barack Obama, Barney, barney frank, bill, Billy, BitsBlog, bloc, blog, blogger, Bloggers, blogs, BO, Bonuses, Boortz, bus, business, change, Chris Dodd, Chuck, CHUM, CIA, clue, Commentary, Constitution, Court, crap, Day, Dead, debt, Democrat, Democrats, digital, dino, dinosaur, dinosaurs, distinction, distraction, dodd, Don, Ed, email, Eric, F Y, fad, fool, Frank, G, government, Hang, Hat, hate, Ho, hume, I, idiot, Idiots, Ike, Internet, IRS, Jen Rubin, JFK, journalism, journalists, law, Leftist, mail, Men, message, mob, Money, New, news, next generation, Nightly Ramble, note, NY, Obama, Obvious, Outrage, pac, Political, potus, POW, President, proof, property, Q, question, quip, radio, Ramble, rant, rats, Read, Republican, Republicans, Research, reve, RIP, rope, Rove, Rush, Sam, schumer, shock, sin, site, sphere, talk radio, target, tch, Technology, ted, Tim, time, Times, ting, TRO, U, UN, W, war, Washington, way, wit