Welcome one and all to the most intense nightly read anywhere on the ‘sphere… The Bitsblog Nightly Ramble.
- Democrat infighting: The Washington Post today notes that the Democrats are getting stung by dissent from their own party . Well, look, guys, just remember dissent is the highest form of patriotism. You told us that repeatedly, remember?
- Just another corrupt Obama appointee: I’ve mentioned Adolfo Carrion before, and told you he was a problem. Apparently, others are now starting to notice. 
- ‘It’s just a mistake’:Kaus quotes Buffett:
I don’t think anybody on December 7th would have said a `war is a terrible thing to waste, and therefore we’re going to try and ram through a whole bunch of things and-but we expect to-expect the other party to unite behind us on the-on the big problem.’ It’s just a mistake, I think.
Mickey notes this is the first time the Dinosaurs have utterly ignored a proncouncement from Buffett. What he’s saying must not fit the mold, huh?
- Moderate Taliban? James Joyner suggests there is such a thing and we should be dealing with them. I’m unconvinced, James. I’ve said it before and will say it again: It’s time we get out of the notion that this thing with the Muslims is going to come to some kind of a mutually agreeable end, and that civilization is going to have any sway whatsoever over a band of people who insist on remaining in the fourteenth century, and who are, by their own words quite willing to kill 1000 of their own for the purpose of killing one Jew. Absent groups willing to stand up and forcefully identify themselves as not fitting that mold and then proving it by their actions, including putting down the groups that DO fit that mold, , the idea of a moderate anything, here, is a pipe dream, and one that will quite probably get many of us killed, trying to pursue it.
- His own hero? And by the way, James, this is confirmation , not revelation.
- Recepies for Goose pate’ Heh.  Those blenders can get kind of expensive, though.
- Hey, Derb! Isn’t this a question to be asking Obama, directly? I mean, I know he’ll think you’re just joking, but still…
- But will it work in Casper? As regards the Broadband gap :It seems to me the peope who don’t understand the dynamics involved, here, also do not understand the dynamics involved with our transportation needs. Anyone who doesn’t understand why broadband is troublesome in Wyoming isn’t going to understand why mass transit, or for that matter, the ‘smart’ car, isn’t going to work well, there, either. Yet, we’ll willingly place such people in charge of the systems of the world via bodies like the UN, because of the myth that ‘Europe does it better’. Or, Sweeden. Or whatever.
- Blinded them with what? Yes, science over all … and apparently, that ‘all’ includes ethics. Science without ethics, is what we’re talking about here. And that seems to me to leave us without a hypocratic oath, for example…wherein doctors are held to doing ‘no harm’. Then again, Obama and his administration, to say nothing of the Democrats in Congress, have clearly demonstrated they’re not bound by ethics, either. So why should we be shocked, here? Then also, there’s the deal with Global warming, so apparently they’re not bound to science itself, either… the whole deal seems unbound in their myopic sight. After a while, we will collectively reach the conclusion I reached years ago; That Democrats are bound to nothing permanent, except their desire for power.