Welcome one and all to the most intense nightly read anywhere on the ‘sphere; The Bitsblog Nightly Ramble
As usual, there’s lots going on, most of it both predictable and avoidable. Let’s get to it.
- Cutting the Military? The only sizeable cuts in spending Any Democrat has applied, in recent memory, have been to the Military. No shock then that Obama’s following suit. Max Boot thinks this is a stupid thing to do… and I think Max has it right, even leaving aside the idea that spending on things Military would be as a stimulus far more effective than anything in the Bill Obama’s pushing for.
- Bailout perspective: Let me put some perspective on the bailout. Even at the levels of $825BUSD currently proposed, that comes to $17,000 US for every household in the country. Want to stimulate the economy? Simply give every taxpayer in the country that $17,000 by not collecting it in taxes. In the end, it’d work better to get the economy moving than anything that anyone in Washington has proposed, and would cost less to implement… and it also has the advantage of keeping the power of ‘directing’ where the money gets spent, out of Washngton’s hands. Which of course is why it’ll never happen, that way. It’s a bear arranging political payoffs , if government isn’t in control.
- Obama lied, people died! David and I both have remarked on the lack of help being sent the Ice storm victims in Kentucky. Now, Steve Gill asks the question : Where’s Obama? So too, does Rick Moran . Rick also raises the issue of the past screaming of Democrats about Katrina:
IT’S GOT TO BE THAT OBAMA HATES WHITE PEOPLE AND WANTS THEM TO DIE!
Of course, I am just aping what lefty blogs were saying about Bush less than 24 hours after Katrina’s hurricane winds stopped blowing. But AP is reporting  that Midwest disaster relief people are none too pleased with our new president’s FEMA.
In Kentucky’s Grayson County, there are 25 National Guardsmen there to help – but no chain saws to cut away fallen limbs and trees. EM Director Randell Smith is quoted as saying, “We’ve got people out in some areas we haven’t even visited yet,” Smith said. “We don’t even know that they’re alive.”
Smith is also quoted as saying that FEMA is a “no show.”
And then there’s this:
FEMA spokeswoman Mary Hudak said some agency workers had begun working Friday in Kentucky and more help was on the way. Hudak said FEMA also has shipped 50 to 100 generators to the state to supply electricity to such facilities as hospitals, nursing homes and .
“We have plenty of folks ready to go, but there are some limitations with roads closed and icy conditions,” she noted.
Gee – you mean the conditions of the roads has something to do with FEMA‘s response time? Now, don’t you wonder what the roads near New Orleans looked like after a Category 4 storm made landfall? If you listened to all the screaming coming from the left about FEMA inaction, you would have to believe that those roads were as clean as a whistle, just like driving down the Interstate on a summer day. The only reason FEMA failed was because George Bush HATED BLACK PEOPLE AND WANTED THEM TO DIE! And in this case, FEMA is being stopped by a few trees, not roads made impassable due to flooding and other debris..
Exactly so, Rick. The Hypocracy with these Democrats is flat out amazing, and Rick does a great job of calling them on it. Obvious question, though is why the Dinosaur press isn’t doing so. You KNOW why, though, don’t you, really?
- Gitmo flip-Flop? While we’re on the Subject of Barry The First, we know Obama’s been making noises about closing Gitmo. Now, he’s making (rather suspiciously timed) noises about how he’s worried that the people he’s talking about releasing will attack us again . Well, hello, Barry, what the blink did you figure Bush was keeping the place open, for, anyway?
- Silly Radio Dept: I note that on HOT AIR yesyerday , and on Boortz today , there’s a lot of fairly well justified grave dancing about DC’s “Obama 1260AM” going away. What neither article says, however, is something Scott Fybush pointed out to me last night; That the guy who owns that 1260 signal also owns a 5kw signal on 570, called until recently, “McCain 570”, which also went to other angles of programming abou the same time. No question that both are quite silly in terms of programming, but if you’re in radio, (And I point directly at the Boortz people, here) maybe it’s time you actually started watching what’s going on in the markets you’re in before expounding on them. Comon, guys, research your stuff a bit better, huh?