Welcome, one and all to the most intense nightly read anywhere on the sphere… Bitsblog’s Nightly Ramble
Obama’s press conference . What can be said? Nothing, and yet everything. It’s a target rich environment, as I said this monring, and I hardly know where to aim, first. Let’s give it a whirl.
- Only government is big enough to solve our problems? Well, maybe… if you ignore government was the cause of them.
- The politics of fear: Isn’t it interesting that Obama should be such a fan of FDR? remember “All we have to fear is fear itself”? Now we have someone playing on fear to get his agenda passed in Congress. think about that for just a moment. Rick Moran suggests it’s the transition from “Hope and Change” to “Fear and Loathing” 
- Memo to Chairman Steele: Here’s three names that need to be booted from the Republican party at once: Susan Collins, Arlen Specter, and Olympia Snowe. Here’s why .
- So, we’re paying for those kids after all? Yep. 
- More repercussions of class warfare: Swiss banker UBS lost $7.5BUSD last quarter.  Gee, yu don’t think that had anything to do with the Swiss government eliminating the tax breaks for rich foriegn account holders, do you?
- No kidding? Obama has it both ways on Pork?  Some have suggested the honeymoon is over, based on this article. I counter with the thought that if it was really over, there’s be far more outcry from the press.
- Release ’em all: Wonder why people are leaving California? Here’s one major reason: An insane judiciary.  Of course that raises questions afresh about the ordered closing of Gitmo, doesn’t it?
- It doesn’t count: Funny how very few people are noticing that the White House has taken the census away from Commerce . The implications are clearly political, since it’s the census that decides how many people live where… and thereby, how districts are represented… and redrawn. Are you getting the picture, yet? Of course there are constitutional issues attached to all of this. If you actually get around to reading the constitution, you’ll notice that the census is suppsoed to serve as a part of the legislative branch. In short, Obama’s action here is unconstitutional. But what’s the constitution to a liberal? If a Republicn president did this, they’d call it a power grab. As it is, they hardly notice. John Fund did , though, and isn’t happy.
- This is not the Obama they elected: I’ve been telling you to expect a good deal of disappointment and anger from the left. SITYS . Remember, gang, we’ve got years to go, yet. Oh, see Ed on this one , as well.
- Take this Messiah to Cuba: While all the rest of this is going on, there’s a bill in the pipe that would eliminate travel restrictions to Cuba.  Not fir the first time, I’ll wonder if we’re not being intentionally overhwlemed by stuff that would usually get rejected out of hand.
- Did you really vote for this guy again? By now, you’ll have heard the FBI raided a lobby firm connected with Bagdhad Jack Murtha.  Apparently, the investigation was regarding improper campaign contributions. (What else?) But the investigation also has been turning up links to what I will call for brevity, earmark abuse. Michelle points out it’s not one, but two companies raided … both Murtha attached.
- What drives people? Word from Fox that Nike “Might” dump A-roid. “Might”? What drives them to a discussion of longer then two words, over the thing? Seems to me “He’s gone” would work pretty well.
- Leftist Anger and Disappointment: In my Pajamas Media article of a while ago , I remarked on how once exposed to reality, Obama’s views started changing. Jeff Pope says that’s part of the reason there’s such a rush on the part of the Democrats just now in more than just the war on terror. James at OTB  has more, too.
- The Hybrid Conspiracy: But it’s not what you think. It wasn’t the car companies that put Hybrids back 20 years, it was a government environmental regulator. Ronnie Schreiber explains .
- That splatting noise: Biden under the bus? 
- Caption this:BitsBlogger YetAnotherJohn gets a third at OTB’s Caption Contest. 
- All Fired Up: Billy mentions the wildfires Down Under . Wasn’t it just a few days ago I saw references to Islamic crazies threatening setting such fires here in the ‘states??
- I remarked earlier today about the Government Healthcare items they snuck into the suppsoed ‘stimulus’ bill… how we’re now being told that the government can choose if you live or die based on how much it;s going to cost them. Consider how well Giethner’s statement today meshes with that attitide: “Access to government resources is privilege not right…  ” Do you even begin to understand the consequences of the government taking that kind of power to itself??