Welcome one and all to the most intense nightly read on the ‘sphere.. BitsBlog’s Nightly Ramble
- Is this the shape of what’s to come , with Obama?
Indianapolis – Lines were long and tempers flared Wednesday not to vote but to get paid for canvassing for Barack Obama. Several hundred people are still waiting to get their pay for last-minute campaigning. Police were called to the Obama campaign office on North Meridian Street downtown to control the crowd.The line was long and the crowd was angry at times.
“I want my money today! It’s my money. I want it right now!” yelled one former campaign worker.
(Chuckle) Now… about those tax cuts…. are the same questions going to be asked?
- I’ve jumped on people recently for attributing one thing or another to the movement of the stock market, so take this with a grain of salt… these connections are usually less than direct. Thing is, the first time the markets had a chance to react to the election, they did, by dropping 500 points. Normally, I’d not even mentioned it, but that constitutes the biggest post election sell-off in history . It’s thereby noteworthy, I think. Down today, too. I’d say the message of disapproval is fairly clear. Hinderaker notes this and says:
It’s a bit late for investors to notice that pretty much everything Barack Obama wants to do will hurt the economy
Yeah, true, but as I say their reactions have not always been timely. Still, Scott speculates as I have, that the downturn in the economy is the result of people getting out of the way of the oncoming Obama administration.
- I commented earlier today about Obama and his promises of change going by the boards with the appointment of Partisan-hack Clinton administration retreads like Rahm Emmanuel . Now we see those promises of ‘change’ going completely out the window with the lobby types getting jobs in Obama’s Administration. McQ has the details . Gee, that didn’t take long for those promises to get broken, did it?
- Should anyone be shocked that Putin is trying to come back as President?  Kinda reminds one of Bloomberg , doesn’t it?
- It’s a bit early for this , but I can understand why they’d want to get a jump on things.
- Of COURSE holding the Democrats to task is enough, Jon , to the extent that they are the pushers of big government. And granted, many Republicans fall into that area, as well… I’ve already commented on that.  But I tell you, this provides us a nice opportunity… the path out of this mess includes pointing out where the Democrat party’s over-relience on government doesn’t serve America’s interests well… which is about everywhere.
- Yes, I’ve seen the attacks on Palin.  What’s going on there is Palin and other real conservatives which are the future of the party… not the Rockefeller Republicans, andfor all the reasons I mentioned this morning . And yes, I know full well what I’m saying. There is in fact a fight coming within the party, one long overdue.
- Morons on parade.  A two-by four across the back of the head would have been as effective, and fully justified. Un-PC, and only half serious, but screw it. I get so sick of idiots like that.
- Hume: 
Sources tell FOX News that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is planning to meet as soon as this week with Independent Senator Joe Lieberman of Connecticut. They will discuss Lieberman’s chairmanship of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.Lieberman caucuses with the Democrats, but many of them are still stinging over Lieberman’s endorsement speech for Senator McCain at the Republican Convention. Since then, momentum has been building to strip Lieberman of his post and sources say that likely will happen.
Not that I want the man anywhere near the leadership of the party, for the saem reason Ive never been happy with McCain, but expect to see Lieberman with the Republican party before this is done. Mind, that doesn’t make the man a conservative.
- You’re just now figuring this  out?
- And the press bias be any more freakin’ obvious?  I mean, aiside from that chill in his leg…
- Boortz notes the passing yesterday of Michael Crichton  and notes iwth it he was someone who liked to yank the chains of the church of man-made global warming. I didn’t know that. Speaking of which… Remember when we wee all warned in dire tones about record hurricane activity? All because of “Global Warmng” of course. Turns out, this is the quietest season in 30 years. At some point, we should consider not listening to these AGW idiots anymore.
- Billy: Do you mean to tell me they couldn’t find a mess of Obama stickers in Ithaca, a state school town? Something doesn’t add up there, man….(LOL) Anyway, welcome home. (Weird… as I type this, “Take No Prisoners” comes up in the MP3 on ‘Random’ Didn’t even know it was IN there. )