Lots of ground to cover, today, but too little time to do it in..
- Interesting news; apparently that brilliant speech from Palin last night was genuine… the teleprompter for at least part of the speech was broken…. as David has already reported here. So much for another rumor about Palin being a lightweight. And so much for Obama. One wonders how he’d fare without his teleprompter. I suspect we’d be calling Obama ‘Over’.
- Let’s look at how petty this anti-Palin nonsense is getting. Apparently, the Boston Herald doesn’t like her hair . I’ll bet they would never consider making comments bout whatever that is on the head of Joe Biden.
- And if there is a better indication that Palin was the correct pick, than Gloria Steinem’s outraged growl in the LA Times today, I can’t think of one
Selecting Sarah Palin, who was touted all summer by Rush Limbaugh, is no way to attract most women, including die-hard Clinton supporters. Palin shares nothing but a chromosome with Clinton. Her down-home, divisive and deceptive speech did nothing to cosmeticize a Republican convention that has more than twice as many male delegates as female, a presidential candidate who is owned and operated by the right wing and a platform that opposes pretty much everything Clinton’s candidacy stood for — and that Barack Obama’s still does.
Of course now, the things that Palin’s critics have been hammering on her for, is exactly what a lot of women, (And I cautiously add Steinem to that list) have been cheering about Hillary.
Message to Gloria… You want a strong woman? There she stood, last night. And because she’s not a socialist, because she’s not gotten her positoon by means of liberals feeling sorry for her, because she managed to work her way up through the glass ceiling while not following YOUR edicts… while maintaining a more or less traditional role within her own home life, you rejected her. Maybe people will find out she managed it, not despite doing it her way and not yours, but BECAUSE OF IT… is what has you so upset?
Well, that labels not her, but you, Gloria. Face it… your anger has nothing to do with women’s rights and advancement of women, per se’. It now and always has been about the advancement of socialism on the backs of women. Your anger in concert with her accomplishments shows this clearly. Your attempts to patch up the cracks Palin has managed to create in the glass ceiling, shows all this more clearly than any op-ed bit ever could… Not that it shocks many people anymore… Your politics got rejected years ago, save for a paltry few idiot hangers on. Only you’ve not gotten that message yet. Well, here you are.Take your dog and pony elsewhere, Gloria. Oh… and Gloira? Remember, it’s take the bra off THEN burn it, OK? You’re welcome.
- So the Democrats want toprocecute and jail Bush and his administration , once elected? Well, then by the same token, let’s try and jail the whole of the Clinton misadministration for Ruby Ridge.. and for demonstrably not having responded corectly to the first WTC attack, which cost in the end, so many American lives. Never let it be said they’re not taking revenge, and for God’s sake, never queston their patriotism.
- Speaking of lagal action look who is on the hot seat about that “Palin Affiar’ meme .
- The Democrats will have another Democrat corruption mess to deal with on October 28th in Detroit. This will play in the vote the following week, I think. Image, as always.
- My comment at Q&O 
For all of the issues I have with Dick Morris, it seems to me his (rather offbeat) comparison to the battle of Kursk, pre-speech, is right on the money.Quick overview… (Knowing full well that some of the military types will blow away my memories of the thing, I’ll attempt this) On the Russian front nearing the end of WWII, German forces had an attack plan, using armored divisions. They stromed ahead toward their objective while the Russian Army seemingly retreated before them. The Germans went so far and so fast that they’d gone beyond the end of their supply lines. Once that happened, the Russians sprang their trap, enclosing the German troops to the rear, surrounding them, and isolating them from any hope of getting supplies to continue the fight, or even survive in the cold.
Translation to this event; When she was named and until last night, the Democrat’s bloody minded howling when Palin got nominated gained them a whole lot of ground in a hurry, but they’ve over extended themselves. They made her into at least a sympathetic character Last night, Palin showed us that the nonsense being fed by the left about Palin was most certainly untrue, and they’ve been exposed.
The relative silence this morning, as compared to the howling going on a mear 48 hours before, is the proof of this. They’ve been caught out, and know it.
- Which brings to mind the question of “Should the press apologize”… and I say hell, yes. We both know they will never do it, but there it is.
- I’m not sure I buy Peg Noonan’s explaination  but it deserves a read.
- Frankly, I think Lieberman’s problems now run deeper than this … If the vitriol being aimed at the right, these days is of any indication, he’s going to need security around him so long as he still draws breath.
- Boortz is saying , apparently based on buzztracker or Yahoo’s trackers, or whatever, that seaches for Palin are more than 10 ties higher than for Biden. How much of that is genuine interest and support and how much of it is desperate libs digging feces to toss is another issue. Given nothing new has come up recently, the searches for such people are apparently futile.
- I wonder if there’s any relationship between this and recent events with the DNC and Obama
- (Bubba:) See Hillary? I told you it wasn’t my fault