- Looks like we’re going to get the camper out this weekend. The weather models are saying a 30% chance of showers Saturday and Sunday, so we’re going to take off early on Friday night and run to Golden Hill State Park , which is about equidistant between Rochester and NIagara Falls. Apparently the site we’ve reserved is right along the southern shore of Lake Ontario…. and I mean within spitting distance. I’ll have pics on Sunday to show you. Just as well; I need a break from the hate. Examples abound. So before I get outta dodge, I suppose I’d best go ver some of it in my usual gentle way…
- So, this Sad Sack Sally Field Wannabe, working for the all too leftist CBC has puked up a gem of leftist bile.  I cannot believe what I’m reading, here….
It’s possible that Republican men, sexual inadequates that they are, really believe that women will vote for a woman just because she’s a woman. They’re unfamiliar with our true natures. Do they think vaginas call out to each other in the jungle night? I mean, I know men have their secret meetings at which they pledge to do manly things, like being irresponsible with their semen and postponing household repairs with glue and used matches. Guys will be guys, obviously.
But do they not know that women have been trained to resent other women and that they only learn to suppress this by constantly berating themselves and reading columns like this one? I’m a feminist who understands that women can nurse terrible and delicate woman hatred.
Apparently, she’s unaware that the number women is perhaps 20% higher for McCain since Palin was appointed and nominated. Some bile, though, huh? Oh, it gets better.
Palin has a toned-down version of the porn actress look favoured by this decade’s woman, the overtreated hair, puffy lips and permanently alarmed expression. Bristol has what is known in Britain as the look of the teen mum, the “pramface.” Husband Todd looks like a roughneck; Track, heading off to Iraq, appears terrified. They claim to be family obsessed while being studiously terrible at parenting. What normal father would want Levi “I’m a fuckin’ redneck” Johnson prodding his daughter?
Ya know, if we were to make such comments about Obama, the leftards would have the writer on fire in a heartbeat, and not without some justification. What the blink is bothering this being anyway? (I refuse to call it a she) It’s the idea that Palin, and a lot of other women have completely happy healthy and productive lives, without bowing to the edicts of the left. Palin represents a question mark for every value this thing holds valuable. And it (I refuse to call it she) needs to vent this bile on all of us to maintain her personal illusion that it and what it “thinks” has actual value. Well, there is. I’ll be keeping this one on file, and re-posting it after the elections. Oughta be fun. In the meanwhile, this is the kind of sheer hate you’re up against, people. Meanwhile, Heather, do us a favor; Drive north. Somewhere north of Yellowknife would be good. Or better yet, try driving about 200 miles north of the town that bears your name… Mallik Station, out on the ice road. (I note McQ has his own comments , worth a read-Bit)
- Alas, Mallik is not the only being suffering from the desperate hate we’ve been discussing here the last few days. St Andrew the Incontinent is one such case. All the guy (And I use the word advisedly) does, anymore, is find different ways to sell the same nonsense. Same for Steve Benen. And Josh Marshall . It’s an amazingly efficient echo chamber. It’s amazing what some people will do for money… and they whine about the charachter of Republicans?
And then there’s Carol Fowler 
South Carolina Democratic chairwoman Carol Fowler sharply attacked Sarah Palin today, saying John McCain had chosen a running mate ” whose primary qualification seems to be that she hasn’t had an abortion.”
Oh… and I should note that this is the wife of Don Fowler… the former DNC Chair, who caught hell last week for getting caught on tape saying that Hurricane Gustav was a gift from God to the Democrats. I’m telling you, though I don’t really need to… all that pushes these people is hate, anymore. They’re desperate. There’s no other way to take this, anymore.
- Which is not to say there’s no brighter spots in this fog. Camille Paglia, is apparently one: 
Over the Labor Day weekend, with most of the big enchiladas of the major media on vacation, the vacuum was filled with a hallucinatory hurricane in the leftist blogosphere, which unleashed a grotesquely lurid series of allegations, fantasies, half-truths and outright lies about Palin. What a tacky low in American politics â€” which has already caused a backlash that could damage Obama’s campaign. When liberals come off as childish, raving loonies, the right wing gains. I am still waiting for substantive evidence that Sarah Palin is a dangerous extremist. I am perfectly willing to be convinced, but right now, she seems to be merely an optimistic pragmatist like Ronald Reagan, someone who pays lip service to religious piety without being in the least wedded to it. I don’t see her arrival as portending the end of civil liberties or life as we know it. …*… It is certainly premature to predict how the Palin saga will go. I may not agree a jot with her about basic principles, but I have immensely enjoyed Palin’s boffo performances at her debut and at the Republican convention, where she astonishingly dealt with multiple technical malfunctions without missing a beat. A feminism that cannot admire the bravura under high pressure of the first woman governor of a frontier state isn’t worth a warm bucket of spit.
So wrapped up are the left, however, in winning this election for reasons even they can’t define any longer, though, that Paglia’s last point here is lost on them. Essentially, Palin is what they’ve been fighting for all along. Their problem, of course is that they didn’t do it the liberal way. Her feminism is real, not a set of ‘values’ imposed by liberals whose only concern over women is their vote. There’s a political litmus test at work, here, one that must be passed to meet with the approval of the faux feminists. She didn’t pass the test and yet she succeeded in ways that the Birkenstock wearing, Bra burning abortion encouraging crowd never will. That of itself is suggestive that all the leftist mantra they’ve been attaching to feminism all these years was all naught but cow squeeze. And because of that she must be silenced. Based on the numbers I’ve seen, and what internals I’ve managed to get my hands on, I’d say they’re going to be totally disappointed.
- Other stuff: We may be about to find out if the Democrats are willing to shut down to the government to prevent offshore dilling. And, oh, yes, they’re already talking about it . Have we on record, ever been witness to such an effort to thwart the will of the people before? And remember, guys, all this is going to come to a head prior to the election.
- Obama is saying he’s going to create 5 million “green jobs” whatever that means … John Stossel doesn’t think so, and neither does Steve Verdon …. and that’s one of the first times I’ve had serious agreement with the latter in recent months.
- Billy: 
Terrific. She knows how to exert herself in the contest of political pull, and can play the inside-angles. This is a recommendation? To whom?
“Her rise from parent-teacher association to city council gave her a natural political base in her home town of Wasilla. Going on to become mayor was a natural progression. Wasilla’s population of 9,000 would be a small town in Britain, and even in most American states.
But Wasilla is the fifth-largest city in Alaska, which meant that Palin was an important player in state politics.”
“A natural political base.” The home-town herd rallies around a lead-cow, and this is supposed to be a political value.
Well, yeah. Look, there’s a line you’re not drawing here. Of value to the country and to the individual may or may not be another matter, and is dependent, I think, on how she uses that ability your quote cites. But political value? Hell, yes. Follow?
- All this argument about ‘change’, though… has nobody noticed in all of that, that Obama never once challanged the kind of dirty, corrupt Chicago Machine politics that gave birth to his political carreer?