- Yeah, posting’s been light, today. Been rather busy at work.
- Another Honorable Mention at OTB’s caption contest 
- Sister  says Bob Dole unloaded on Scott McClellan, excoriating the former White House spokesman as a “miserable creature” who greedily betrayed his former patron for a fast buck… thus showing Sis is on top of things… and so too is Bob Dole, despite advanced years. A firm grip on reality, that boy.
- Ferraro gives us more proof of what I’ve been saying all along; The Dmeocrat race is one of racism vs Sexism, and always has been.
- Hey, Pete… A different kind of sermon? Sure. And Hitler had another side, too, and made the trains run on time. Would you be quite as defensive about Hagee? Nah, didn’t think so.
- Oh, speaking of that… I asked earlier today about Catholic Priests and politicking. Seems I was correct to question it; Lynn Sweet reports the Plieger’s been warned …
Chicago Sun-Times religion reporter Mike Thomas asked Cardinal Francis George’s office for a reaction, and his spokeswoman, Colleen Dolan said, ”The cardinal has made it clear to Father Pfleger in the past on more than one occasion that it’s inappropriate to speak about political issues from the pulpit and that his own personal opinions are his own personal opinions.”The campaign of presumptive GOP nominee Sen. John McCain declined comment.
Pfleger is a longtime Obama friend and was in the audience at the National Press Club for that Wright press conference, and when we talked afterward, he realized Wright created a problem for Obama.
I was told Pfleger’s comments stunned some in the Obama camp because they expected him to be more politically savvy — and not take on Clinton,especially at Trinity, of all places.
Well, he’s just doing what comes naturally, after all… And playing to the crowd there is part of that. And, that’s crucial, here. I don’t have the link handy here, consider the crowd cheering and giving this bozo a standing O. Tell me again how such racism isn’t a part of the over-arching, and foundational philosophy in that church. Which, it seems to me is exactly what attracts a slug like Pfleger.
- The CIA says AlQuieda is about done.  thing is, in a race between Hillary Clinton and AlQuieda, in terms of sticking around once defeat is painfuly obvious to everyone else, I’d be hard pressed to choose.
- Look… lemme make this clear to you, Susan . Just move and shut up about it. And, if I may, a word of advice…. Just don’t alert the country you’re going to. If they’re smart, they’ll reject you.
- Al Franken is in more hot water with this own party . Gee, Al… if I were you, I’d drop out, you know?
- Speaking of Democrats and problems, they’re already short on cash, and are even considering spending cutbacks.  Now why don’t Democrats ever think of that once they’re elected? Except cutting MILITARY spending of course….
- For all the hype over the HBO movie “RECOUNT ” only about a million watched the thing. Gee, I can’t imagine why.
- Uh-oh… here we go again with NYC cranes. Two more dead .
- Rain here and cool all weekend. NO camping, and certainly no working on the wife’s car as I’d planned. Figures.