- So Jeremiah Wright  is now saying he’s been subject to a public crucifixion. I suppose it’s no shock that we all create God in our own image, but it’s one of the few tines I’ve ever heard of Christ being favorably compared to a racist loudmouthed loser like Wright. I’d like to suggest that Wright is an idiot, except that this nonsense is too clearly calculated.
- The recounts in Zimbabwe  have reconfirmed the opposition victory. Mugabe is bye bye, assuming he actually accepts the verdict of the people.
- So much for the myth of our standing in the world being damaged by Iraq. Not true, says Mike Green via a report found by McQ. 
- Ah, yes…  protesting the war by beating the living crap out of someone in a wheelchair. There’s s special place in hell for such people.
- So, Amy Winehouse is still looking very much like a train wreck.  Big shock, this.
- Hmmm. Perhaps all that screaming at McCain about growing a spine  that we bloggers did is starting to have some effect.
- I wonder if this Mexican official will maintain his diplomatic immunity? Personally, I’d not bet you either way. Question, though; What else was this guy pawing through in the White House?
- No kidding, Martin ; I admit having not spoken to any of her writings of late, a situation in the next six months or so I have no doubt I’ll remedy. I’ve always figured that someone who made blood shoot out of the eyes of liberals had value at the word ‘go’. Ann’s just such a creature. And she certainly has Carville nailed. As to Dohrn, I get the impression that’s a question that doesn’t get asked, for fear of really, really disliking the rest of us knowing the answer to it.
- In answer to two bits of mail, no I’ve not stopped running Centom news releases. They’re covered in their own area of the Newsroom, now. Follow the Newsroom button at the top of this screen. You’ll see them in there. Which reminds me; that newsroom thing has gotten large the last month or so. Check it out when you get the chance.
- I’ve officially given up on Dan Drezner. I’ve disconnected his feeds from my system. He’s all done. His blog was a favorite of mine, back in the day, but he’s becoming increasingly unreadable the last couple years. The capper came Friday when he puked up this one.  Dan, will you please explain to us how having American political scientists, particularly, being highly regarded gives you such problems? Is it that the American system of politics itself may be similarly highly regarded? Apparently, that Tenure business has your conversion to a whining one worlder complete. Have a nice life.
- Well, Jonah , certainly Spitzer’s self-regulation failed. But then again, the law didn’t help contain him, either, so I’m unclear on how much his downfall can be used to argue for greater governmental control. Even in the abstract, it seems a textbook case of the law not doing a damn thing toward the stated goal. He of anyone knew the law, having prosecuted people under it for years and years. And look, Corner gang..  This moron’s complaints about Prostitution being a victimless crime to get out of doing the time associated with the crime, to the side, for the moment…. I submit to you that Spitzer was involved with it to the degree he was specifically because it was illegal. He bet his marriage, his power, his reputation, millions upon millions of dollars, and more, all on the illusion that he knew the law and law enforcement and how to use his position, well enough not to get caught. He lost. A spectacularly quick meltdown, to be sure, but one of his own doing.
- Rain for most of this week, and middle 50’s. Big mass of rain going through here this morning, though as of 1600 it’s pretty much by us. Art at Conservative Reader tells me he had upper 20’s this morning, and a little white stuff. I see some whate in the radar up north of Toronto, out in cottage country. About 90 miles from here as the crow flies. I dunno; I’m just as glad I didn’t defrost the trailer, yet, I guess.
- Oh, speaking of snow… Did anyone outside Alaska note the record snowfalls that have been happening there? They must not have heard of global warming, up there.\\
Addendum: (David L)
So Jeremiah Wright is now saying he’s been subject to a public crucifixion. I suppose it’s no shock that we all create God in our own image, but it’s one of the few tines I’ve ever heard of Christ being favorably compared to a racist loudmouthed loser like Wright. I’d like to suggest that Wright is an idiot, except that this nonsense is too clearly calculated
It is fair to say that theology is just not my long suit, and closer to a null suit. Having said that, I can’t pass on the Wright’s comments. Jesus is about salvation. Wright is about damnation. Jesus is about forgiveness. Wright is about vengeance. Egads when Wright’s theology flunks even my version of the smell test, you know it is pretty rank.