Lots of stuff going on over the weekend, not a bit of it earthshaking, or unexpected.
- Like McQ at Q&O, I find myself watching closely thetrainwreck that is NORK.  You had to know this kind of thing was coming, though. As I told McQ, it was not going to happen any other way. Its what gives rise to the phrase, “There are worse things than war”. I said over there, and I still wonder, if we wouldn’t have saved lives by going to war over this monster. Alas, that’s the kind of question he left will never ask, so long as hey’re not in power. Ala, Iraq, for example.
- Oh, speaking of Bruce, I’m taken with a quote of his: 
James Carville on the Richardson endorsement of Obama:
“Mr. Richardson’s endorsement came right around the anniversary of the day when Judas sold out for 30 pieces of silver, so I think the timing is appropriate, if ironic,” Mr. Carville said, referring to Holy Week.
That’s certainly a “unifying” quote, isn’t it?
Well, yeah, that’s about what you’d expect. The quality of the people surrounding the Clintons …including Richardson,since he was so deep in theor councils for so long… has been exposed here, and it’s not very flattering. Then again, that’s nothing we didn’t know. And somehow only that snake, Carville would envision the Clintons in the role of Christ. No, not that Obama is any better, but it would seem that we need to take something like this to discover what it is that motivates Democrats, anymore. This has nothing to do with the betterment of the country ….or even the party… and everything to do with cheerleading for and the feeding of their own respective messiah complexes. Interesting to me, also, the symbolism involved with the Snake… Carville… invoking Judas being paid off. Think; Wasn’t it the snake that dealt so handily with that trailer park trash, Eve?
- Will someone please tell me what the bleep THIS  is all about? I mean, far be it from me to credit George Will with much of anything, anymore, but he does seem to have this one nailed.
- It strikes me as amusing that Oliver Willis,
perhaps(edit-Bit) the most intellectually dishonest blogger of the realm, has a picture of a prominent Republican on his Blog Masthead . One wonders what gymnastics he managed to get his two remaining braincells doing, to work the logic out to support such a picture. Maybe it’s in celebration of the Lincoln Bedroom Fundraisers?
- I know, I know, I was remiss for not mentioning the passing of Arthur C. Clarke . I didn’t because I have the nagging question in the back of my mind… here’s someone who worked all his life, in his own way, against Religion. One wonders what he thinks of it now.
- Another Victim  shot while calling 911 for help. She’d have been better off picking up a gun.
- And Hate mail?  Look, Steve, I gotta tell you… I’ve been doing this for near 8 years as no matter… and was writing columns for online services (We used to call them BBS’s) as far back as the late 70’s. This stuff is mild by comparison to what I have been getting the last 5 years or so. In all honesty, I begin to see that what we’re dealing with is a desperation. I’ll tell you this, though; You’ve not made it until that crap starts showing up on a regular basis. You’re simply not getting their attention, until they start screaming.
- Did you notice the egg on Greenwald‘s face ? Given his history, it’s not too much a shock to see Sock Puppets getting involved again. But I’ll say this to the Instant one, even though he knows this already, to slam the point home… and it’s the same thing I just said to Steve… You’ve not made it until that crap starts showing up in your feedback on a regular basis. We get it here all the time. And as for Greenwald and his sock puppet act, I bring him up as a bad example… the heart and soul of the Democrat party, today.
- I see XM and Sirus have been given the go-ahead on their planned merger. It’s criminal, in my view, that the ruling took as long as it did. Yet another example of how private industry prostrates itself on the altar of ‘Good Government”. It’ll be interesting to see how all this works out, though, in terms of programming shifts and quality of both the programming itself, and the audio of both. Date-compressed audio streams drive me crazy… and I have to tell you that at the current codec, XM, even on their best day sounds like they’re running a 96kb stream at best, a lotta times. When I make MP3’s I usually run quite a bit wider…. variable 128-192. I can’t take it much narrower than that. Sounds like you’re playing your radio through a box fan, with all the phasing/quantization errors. Makes me wonder if, given the amount of total bird bandwidth they’ll have at their disposal, post merger, if they’ll open the tap a bit wider on some of the music channels. Hope so.