- Next time you hear from anyone about how the Democrats are uniting America, show them this. 
- Or this. 
- Or, this. 
- On the other hand, there is some coming together on this issue. 
- Seems to me this  is a sure sign of Clinton campaign desperation (First story)
- So is this .
- Ya know, if the this situation were the other way around, it wouldn’t be news.
- David’s already mention the passing of Bill Buckley. Sorry he’s gone, but I suppose he’s not really lost given the bodyof work available to all of us on the web… a volume I expect will go up a bit now that he’s gone. Billy  mentions something about him, though that irritates the both Billy and myself:
“Now listen, you: stop calling me a crypto-Nazi, or I’ll sock you in your goddamned face, and you’ll stay plastered.”
(Buckley, to Gore Vidal)
You know, one of the things that always bored me with Buckley was the essential hypocrisy of treating disreputable sonsofbitches respectfully. This is what all the weepers today will refer to as his “civility” or being a “gentleman”.
True. And you know, that kind of smarmy ‘respect’ for the disrespectable, has been under the surface of my perceptions about John McCain for a long time, too, particularly since 2000 or so. Major turn-off. It’s something I have always been uncomfortable with in W, as well. Billy goes on to point out that had Buckley given into some of the swashbuckling whim inherrent in his response to Vidal, he might have had a bit more respect for him. Yeah me, too…. And I wonder, along those same lines, what it’s going to take to get a John McCain to start treating the unrespectable, as such. Obama, and the Clintons for example. Or, Howard Dean. Etc. I may touch on this as the election progresses, because I think this restraint to be an undesireable trait in a leader. It’s great for a high-school debate society, but counter productive in a leader of the level of the POTUS.
- (Addendum: Bit… Apparently, I’m not alone, here .)
- Snowing here. 5 inches in the last 24 hours. Not all that unusual for here. I was interested to see we had more snow this season than we’ve had since 1966. And boy do I remember the snow around here in 66…. Another day, I’ll get into that one. I don’t wanna get too depressed… I still gotta SHOVEL this stuff, tonight.