So let’s see, here… from the Democrats within the last few years, we’ve seen:
- Documents from a supposed news organization, which purport to demonstrate that the President of United States had not fulfilled his national guard obligations. These documents were fed in support of Democrats. These documents were proven to be forgeries.
- A claim from the Democrats, that the name of Valarie Plame was released to spite political enemies of George W Bush. This charge was laid in support of Democrats and most of the players were shown to have high level Democrat party connections. That claim, too, was disproved.
- We have Jesse MacBeth, otherwise known as Jesse Adam Al-Zaid. This individual claimed to have taken part in Atrocities in Iraq, in an attempt to make America’s military involvement in Iraq look bad. That claimed too was disproven when his DD214 showed up, (not the one someone had faked in a weak attempt to support the story) proving the guy had never made it out of basic training, and therefore had never been to Iraq. This is one of several phony soldiers the Democrat have propped up as being ‘Soldiers”.The whole thing was a fake. Of course, this, two, was a claim are regionally mounted in support of leftist politics.
- When a Talkshow host was talking about these phony soldiers, his words were twisted around by the Democrats who attempted to say that he was labeling ALL solders who were against the Iraq war, as such… a claim which even a cursory listen to the tape of the show, or a read of the transcript reveals as falsehood.
- We have Haditha, Iraq, and false charges against Marines. These charges were pursued almost joyously by the Democrats in general, and Jack Murtha in particular, who sought to once again to make America’s military involvement in Iraq look bad, and to support leftist politics. Of course, this too was a fake… one set up by our enemies… and is now officially documented as such.
Almost enough to have established a trend, of lying to get their way, wouldn’t you say?
And so now comes the campaign for socialist healthcare. In which, we find that the Democrats are using falsehoods, yet again. the very thing the Democrats point to as emblematic of their reason for being, turns out to be a fake.
OK, a little backfill. Surber, just to get you started on your own investigation of this stuff:
Remember the Frost family of Baltimore? They had a bad traffic accident 3 years ago. Their medical bills were paid by the taxpayer-subsidized SCHIP. Democrats trotted out Graeme Frost, 12, to call the president mean for not expanding the program beyond what he was willing to expand it.
But all is not what it seems. Based a sympathetic Baltimore Sun story – reporters never question “victims” – a blogger did some snooping around.
Brutally Honest found that the Frosts (check out the kitchen) live in a 3,000-square-foot house in the Butchers Hill historic district of Baltimore.
The children attend the private Park School, where tuition is $20,000 a year each. Maybe that is subsidized. Interesting that public schools aren’t good enough for their kids but public health insurance is.
The Frosts contend they live on $45,000 and cannot afford health insurance. He’s a self-employed woodworker.
And they appear to be land rich, cash poor. He bought a building for $160,000 in 1999 and their house mortgage appears to be worth $200,000.
Yet, the drive-bys at the Baltimore Sun , those always dependable Democrat supporters, claim that despite all of this, they just can’t swing health insurance.
“Bonnie Frost works for a medical publishing firm; her husband, Halsey, is a woodworker. They are raising their four children on combined income of about $45,000 a year. Neither gets health insurance through work.”
Problem is, as McQ points out well:
A combined income of $45,000?
But as Steyn points out, both of the Frosts work (or have worked) for their own company. He’s hardly just a ‘woodworker’ but instead the owner of “Frostworks”, a company he’s headed since 1992 .
He owns Frostworks, a woodworking and furniture-design studio in Baltimore.
And he owns commercial property in which another company is located (rental income?).
So what magic have the Frost’s been able to pull off with that $45,000 a year salary?
Well own a business, a 3,000 sq. ft. house, a commercial building, send two kids to a private school at $20,000 a year, owned an SUV and apparently somehow manage to convince the state that they were too poor to afford health insurance.
The always lovely, always sharp Michelle Malkin  notes:
A word for all the faux outraged  leftists accusing conservative bloggers of waging a “smear campaign:”  Asking questions and subjecting political anecdotes to scrutiny are what journalists should be doing.
When a family and Democrat political leaders drag a child down to Washington at 6 in the morning to read a script written by Senate Democrat staffers on a crusade to overturn a presidential veto, someone might have questions about the family’s claims. The newspapers don’t want to do their jobs. The vacuum is being filled.
If you don’t want questions, don’t foist these children onto the public stage.
Fight your battles like adults and stop hiding behind youngsters dragging around red wagons filled with your talking points.
The Democrats have lied to us about so many things, one of the first things we should be asking ourselves the second they open their mouths, is… “Why am I listening?’.
There’s a reason the Democrats can’t stick to the truth. The truth doesn’t support their talking points.
At what point do the Democrats start telling us the truth for change?